"Banishing Major D" by Purplecat

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
"Banishing Major D" by Purplecat

I know there's a discussion on this piece already, but I really must recommend it. It covers the dialogue between some of the sub-personalities of a distressed mind in a way that is truly a journey. And just in case anybody's wondering, these are not multiple personalities, which are something entirely different.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen what were to happen if Purplecat were to take the mask of the Big Black Dog. I suspect she'd have found her little girl hiding behind there. Quite often one sub-personality is hiding behind another. The shy person may be hiding behind the joker. The poet may be hiding behind the knight in shining armour. But the inner child is always there. Sometimes you have to search for her, dig her out if you like, but she'll be there somewhere.

I say this because - and this is pure guesswork here - the issues (and it's never really explained what they are) probably stem from a childhood incident.

Purplecat is a new talent to ABCtales and as far as I'm concerned very, very welcome. I beg all to give this a read.

purplecat
Anonymous's picture
Karl, thank you so much for this recommendation! I've just picked up your email, and will read your piece a little later - I have lectures at uni in an hour or so. I truly appreciate the recommendation, it took a lot of nerve for me to actually allow anyone to read this piece, yet alone place it in the public domain. I'm currently working on another piece which will no doubt appear on here in the not too distant future. Once again, thank you!
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Agree with Karl - a brilliant piece.
Topic locked