Time For Another Piss-Up

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
Time For Another Piss-Up

Just before Christmas Mississippi, Ralph, Justyn, Roy and myself met up in the Enterprise in Camden Town for a Saturday afternoon piss-up. We were all disappointed that Spag didn't show and in the lack of female company. But we sat there for most of the afternoon, having a very enjoyable time and generally putting the world to rights.

I think it's time to do it again.

How does Saturday April 6th sound?

I'm not stuck on that date, so if any ABCtalers can't make it for any reason, we can easily change it around to suit the majority of us.

Who's up for it? If I don't hear otherwise I'll be there between 1 and 2 o'clock on that date.

(Mississippi arranged the last one, so I thought I'd take the pressure off him by suggesting this).

Judith
Anonymous's picture
Linsi, look forward to meeting you and I'm sure Elaines are allowed so long as they don't have any bad habits! Whats that pub next to the market like? The one with tables outside along the canal. If the weathers good - that would be nice. Jude
Aridayle
Anonymous's picture
Is camden likely to be the venue again?
Ari-feeling-wei...
Anonymous's picture
OK, I'll bring my own crazee brand of cavorting...I am invited right? Don't crush my ego now! I'll bring noodles
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
Doesn't have to be. I'd kind of like to rely on Roy to suggest a pub, because he knows where all the real ale houses are in London. But Camden is a great place. I reflected in December that when Samuel Johnson said, "When a man is tired of London, he's tired of life," he was talking bollocks, because for the most part London's crap. But in truth when a man is tired of Camden he is definitely tired of life. I arrived early in December so I could have a wander around and see what exotic bargains I could pick up. Seriously, everyone's invited and open to suggestions on date and venue. The Enterprise on April 6th is only a start to get suggestions rolling.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
i used to live in London Karl... and i definitely tired of it, but i never tired of camden or covent garden. didnt tire of the little turkish restaurant in stoke newington either.... (is it still there?) Im up for it by the way.... Dont say it.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
i used to live in London Karl... and i definitely tired of it, but i never tired of camden or covent garden. didnt tire of the little turkish restaurant in stoke newington either.... (is it still there?) Im up for it by the way.... Dont say it.
Ladywriter
Anonymous's picture
Count me in Karl, and I'm sure I can get mississippi to turn up too! Will I fit the bill as a token female?
Martin_t
Anonymous's picture
alas...April 6 is not a good date for me...or rather it is...but not for meeting up....it's my birthday !!! so much as I love hanging with the abc posse, methinks i won;t be hanging with them that particular night..
ArtistFormerlyK...
Anonymous's picture
limps in shame-faced from missing saturday night. Vows to make amends by making the next pissup
Judith
Anonymous's picture
Regarding Personal Security Dating agency Guidelines for "meeting up" with "internet chums" - Meet in a public place. Do not arrange to be picked up- drive or get a friend to drive you if you plan to drink, although getting inebriated on a first meeting is not to be advised *laughs manically* - Never leave your purse/ handbag unattended (Ralph mind your handbag love) - Never leave your drink unattended - even if you go to the toilet take your drink with you (having visions of struggling to close loo door, pint and fag in one hand and purse/handbag in other). This is incase someone spikes your drink with unsound political values or an evil drug that makes you write in rhyme. -Let someone know when you expect to return (or if you ...) anyway I can assure you all that I am no axe swinging homicidal communist....I am a lovely young lady
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I'm sure the date isn't set in stone Martin, Karl's a very amenable fellow. Quite apart from the fact it's YOUR round!
ArtistFormerlyK...
Anonymous's picture
*thinks the date should be sooner*
Martin_t
Anonymous's picture
i could make sooner....and ladywriter owes me loads of beers....
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
The bitch owes me a few too Martin!
faithless
Anonymous's picture
it's my birthday on march 12th but i think i might have recovered by april 6. camden schmamden.
Ladywriter
Anonymous's picture
Oh goody, I think I can shake off my chaperone for an hour or two! I do love a 'jolly'. And perhaps Karl, you'll bring along that obscene photo in your possession so we can all have a giggle at missi's expense!
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
Elderly feminine presence is definitely welcome. I've never met LadyWriter, but I don't believe her to be any spring chicken, and it looks as if she'll turn up if I promise to bring along the picture of Mississippi naked.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Pisces..... Drinks like a Fish...
andrea
Anonymous's picture
LOVE Camden - my birthplace, no less. HATE the fact that I won't be there...
beef
Anonymous's picture
Would absolutely love to go, as I've been wanting to put names to faces etc for a long time. Unfortunately, I live in silly places (Norwich/Deal) in relation to London, so I'll only be able to come if someone can offer me somewhere to crash. I'm very small, I promise I'll fit in a corner (not put off by even sleeping in a bath, done that before...though not too comfortable...). I'd be incredibly grateful.
andrea
Anonymous's picture
Norwich - huh! Deal - bah! Try my neck of the bloody woods, then...
Liana
Anonymous's picture
get yourself over andrea.... come on mate...
Detoxtoneye
Anonymous's picture
Count me in. I'll try and recce some more pubs between now and April: its a dirty job, but someone has to do it.
auntie_jackie
Anonymous's picture
Count me in. :>)
beef
Anonymous's picture
pleeeease don't make it April 13th, that's my best mates birthday and I really want to meet everyone!
fish
Anonymous's picture
i'm free that weekend ... but don't want a piss up without that old git marty ... wouldn't be the same without standing beside him and feeling so youthful ...
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
How about we have it the first Friday in every month, then the second Saturday in every month, and Sunday lunchtime of the third week and random days in the last week? That way nobody gets disappointed, and Stormy need never feel depressed and sobre. Karl will be able to develop his fast growing circle of admirers, and I will get four chances a month to try and spike his drinks, strip him, take really disgusting piccies of his naked self, and sell them to anyone who wants to scare the shite out of their inlaws! Good idea or what?
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
You mean you actually touched him up? Really, you can't be trusted anywhere!
funky_seagull
Anonymous's picture
I might come.. April's a fair way off, so it gives me chance to plan it out a bit. I think it's something like ten quid to get to London from Birmingham on coach, or is that to Manchester, can't remember too well. Jus got to try and find a dog minder and also got to try and find some money..
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
it felt wonderful to be in the same room as such youth missi.....but I felt her wearing of a school uniform was stretching things.....(by about 20 years).... *ducks*
donignacio
Anonymous's picture
I heard Britain was a pretty psychadellic place. You need a mirror just to understand traffic.
andrea
Anonymous's picture
You mean Winwood?
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
No, he means dealers!
gabrielle
Anonymous's picture
I think I can make that - is elderly feminine presence ok?
Linsi
Anonymous's picture
I always miss the piss-ups, but seeing as I'm moving back to my parents at the end of this month I am game! April sounds good to me. Can I bring my friend Elaine for some support? Is that allowed?
mundo
Anonymous's picture
Spag will be there this time. He always seems to miss these piss ups. Is it because he doesn't drink alcohol anymore? Karl - I don't think you missed Spag that much. No one does. Again he failed to turn up. What to do with that young man?
Jude
Anonymous's picture
The Mississippi Vs Abctalers Wiggins et al All rise in court Abctalers (Wiggins et al) stand accused of deliberately trying to humiliate Mississippi by obtaining and propagating naked photograph of him. "How do you plead?" Not Guilty, our defence being that the photograph was arranged and executed by the prosecution. Mississippi's feeble bleats of "I didn't know the magazine was read by so many people" are quite clearly fraudulent given that this is one of the UKs leading popular music mags. Even if this had been the case- after five years and the offending mag has disappeared into the obscurity of history, Mississippi, brings its existence to the attention of the accused and anyone else who's around on the public forums. Again his feeble efforts to feign reluctance in divulging the mag's existence were as transparent as mississippis attire in the photo. Even if he had wanted to tell the story - passing on the magazine's name and Issue are an overwhelming indication that he WANTED US TO SEEK IT OUT. We therefore appeal to the jury to find us Not Guilty on the grounds that Mississippi wanted this all along. Maybe he's hung like a donkey!
beef
Anonymous's picture
Sorry Andrea, I forgot! :) Spare bath...anyone?
Mark
Anonymous's picture
Will there be birds there?
faithless
Anonymous's picture
if i am invited, i won't be presumptious, well just this once i won't be, then i will be travelling up and back from near deal..ramsgate.........not a bath..but a lift might be possible..unless you have a fetish for sleeping in baths..isn't that called tapmarksonmybackaphilia?.....
Linsi
Anonymous's picture
Funky, as I will be living in Birmingham again by April I will also need to check out the coaches. If you find out first how much it will cost, please let me know! Cheers.
fish
Anonymous's picture
mark ... i am reliably informed that the last one was a load of blokes with facial hair and they were all dressed in zip up cardies ... but you never know ...
beef
Anonymous's picture
That could be rather cunning Faithless - as long as I am in Deal at the time of the piss-up and not Norwich. I eagerly await a date...
auntie_jackie
Anonymous's picture
I'm not a bird, just an old boiler, but will be there!!
PenDragon
Anonymous's picture
This might be a good opportunity to gain some exposure. Count me in.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Last visit, Storms, Robert Fish and myself booked rooms in a hotel in Swiss Cottage which worked out as incredibly inexpensive between us... Lastminute.com are offering up to 75% off rooms in London at the mo.... im presently searching for one to put up myself and a couple of czech friends that are arriving on Friday, and there are some at £40 per room.... if a couple of people share as we did, that works out to the same price as a bottle of wine in the Po Caff for a start...
Jude
Anonymous's picture
I am female, young have no facial hair and only one zip up cardie which is actually a very trendy ski one
beef
Anonymous's picture
That sounds good...and exciting, I've never stayed in a hotel in London before :)
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I have no discernable facial hair and do not, and have never owned a zip-up cardie! The admission of the existence of the piccy was a contribution to a 'skeleton in the cupboard' thread, that I made in all innocence, not expecting you bloody vultures to swoop on it like a load of flies on a horse turd! It did not occur to me that a piccy of me in a seriously depleted sartorial condition would be of anything other than passing interest and I regret bringing it to public notice!
Liana
Anonymous's picture
yes, and saves you from that awful thingy called "non alcoholic beer because of driving" thus freeing you up to quaff lots and behave outrageously! Genius! :o)

Pages

Topic locked