a modicum of success

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
a modicum of success

I am hopefully going to be performing a radio comedy sketch that I wrote soon. If you're interested, you can read it by author search for dgl on abctales- shetch title is "Off the buses". It won't be serious exposure as it is to go out on bbc's commonwealth games channel if it comes out, but I will enjoy performing it none the less. The guy who runs my local writer's group took a copy of it and he gets people to perform it at writing workshops that he does. He told me that it goes down quite well at the workshops, which is nice to know.

D G Lennon
Anonymous's picture
It is starting to look like the radio thing is not going to happen. Instead, I'm looking into perfoming my stand-up stuff at comedy clubs (frog and bucket sounds a good bet) and trying to get exposure at poetry slams. I am going to record some of my material on minidisc and send it to radio stations. I'll let you know how that goes because I have a theory that they are more likely to listen to it than to read the scripts that you send to them.
moya_
Anonymous's picture
Congratulations! I never knew the bbc had a commonwealth games channel - how do you get to hear it?
D G Lennon
Anonymous's picture
It's somewhere near radio one's frequencies. I'll keep you posted through here if it comes off.
Topic locked