BAKED ALASKA  

1 qt. of favorite icing
1 chocolate Keebler pie crust

TOPPING:

5 egg whites, room temp.
3/4 c. very fine or bar sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 tsp. cream of tartar

Let ice cream get slightly soft and then put into the pie crust, put it in the freezer.

Place egg whites and cream of tartar in cold bowl and beat at high speed gradually adding sugar and vanilla. Beat until the whites are thick (can make peaks). Place topping on top of ice cream, sealing all edges so no ice cream shows. Place back in freezer.

Minutes before serving, take pie out and place into a preheated 500 degree oven for approximately 35 to 60 SECONDS. Watch carefully (look for top to slightly brown). Serve.

Smashing

x

flash
Anonymous's picture
1 qt of favourite icing?
Liana
Anonymous's picture
American brand name I presume Flashy.
flash
Anonymous's picture
Does it mean icing sugar or ice cream, i mean i'm in the kitchen with my pinny on ready to go, so does this cake have icing sugar and ice cream or one or tother? It's ok i've found a tin of peaches and a rocket launcher disguised as a whipped cream dispenser, it always dispenses too much unintentionally of course.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
But what Cups did you use Flash? Have you a converter? Bra cups? Egg cups?
flash
Anonymous's picture
Hiccups!!! Don't laugh you'll encourage me.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
*sniggers*
gail
Anonymous's picture
baked alaska is a disppointment compared to pavlova.
neil_the_auditor
Anonymous's picture
Problem with baked alaska is you've got to eat it all there and then. I read in a story recently that it was a recipe that only a fool would try to cook, but if it's done well it's quite good.
Topic locked