mirror, who you are. Here’s the thumb press on the fob,

the head and rear lights flashing on and off, the clunk, the
click, the forward rotation of the wrist, the sound of your
father wheezing his last, then ignition, a blast. Here, in the
foot well, your legs find the clutch and gas, an answer to

questions you haven’t yet asked. Here are the signs in
blue and white, the numbers that follow letter thirteen, a
picture-pretty scene worthy of an old master. Here’s a
gust of wind now, a last patronising pat on Beachy Head.

Here’s the shape your body makes, a cross: a bit biblical
martyr, more Olympic diver, your ungraceful descent. And
here’s the fiver I lost on the bet. Here’s the internet. Here’s
a church, here’s a steeple, open this web page, and here’s

some people who emailed to say, had your decision been
one to stick it out in a Churchill no need for girlie moping
about stylie, they think they would have been all right with
that. They’re pretty sure that would have been okay.

[%sig%]

Hoo Kares
Anonymous's picture
Paul Greco has just posted this in the last 100 entered. Proving that he actually DOES have an aol account as well as a cache pol. W.anker extreme.
Most Men
Anonymous's picture
Very, VERY good. Now, if only this writer could concentrate on his writing all the time, we'd have a shining star on the horizon.
wotta wanka
Anonymous's picture
he really is sad isn't he? have you noticed after making a twat of himself he goes quiet while he comes up with some schoolboyish scam to try and prove it's not him? in fact, he probably gets his pupils to to do it for him, which might explain why his posts are so obvious and so juvenile. look at this example. after everyone accused him of screwing up the threads he pretends to have been away for a while then desperately accuses elf of being all the cache trolls. the final paragraph, in which he insinuates he does not have aol, is the best: Author: Paul Greco (---.cache.pol.co.uk) Date: 10-23-03 18:40 ...It wasn't me. The "Paul" who was pressing return loads some threads down. Just had a look for the first time in days, and noticed the "Paul" thread, which led me to the thread below where Missi starts throwing accusations in his usual charming manner. For the sake of Missi (as most other people have worked this out by now) there is another cache pol troll on the prowl. Also, for Missi's information, it's quite easy for him to change his name to "Paul", so it doesn't mean it's me when he plays up. Often goes under the name of "Oregano", amongst other noms de plume, and is probably the same troll that imitated me and told Jay to FOAD some time back. A lot have guessed that this troublemaker is none other than disgruntled erstwhile employee, Elfyn McBratney, but I couldn't possibly comment. If I'm going to make trouble, I'm bound to do it from my supposed aol portal, under another name, aren't I. (end of paste) wotta wanka
wotta wanka
Anonymous's picture
forgot to say: and the poem needs working on. starts off ok but gets lost up it's own backside after beachy head. too much attention to the 'internal rhymefest', too little attention to the poem itself. the last stanza, verse, or whatever it is called, is dire and ruins the whole piece. wotta x
Topic locked