twilight zone mouthwash

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
twilight zone mouthwash

I just came in here to check my email having been in the middle of cleaning my teeth. I had a mouthful of mouthwash and was swilling it about and gargling and stuff.

Anyway, about 10 minutes later I'd read an email from someone I hadn't heard from in ages and discovered that my mouth was empty and feeling rather 'refreshed'. I had no recollection of popping next door to spit out said mouthwash, yet also don't feel to swilled out on the inside.

Is it possible that it evaporated? Or that I have industrial throat and stomach lining?

Is gargling medatitive, thus leaving me in a strange state in which I went to the bathroom, spat, came back and read my mail without noticing?

I am rather freaked out about it, as I really have no memory of this at all.

Odd.

Aliens stole your mouthwash!

I have no idea what happened. I feel okay, so I guess I must have spat without noticing. Worrying.
Maddan is right. You know when you wake up in the morning and have absolutely no idea how you got home? Well Karl Wiggins, in his latest book attributes this phenomenum to the 'Booze Taxi' - a service run my aliens to whisk you out of the pub and beam you into bed. They also provide hiding-cups-of-tea, mouthwash removal and other less useful services. jude "Cacoethes scribendi" http://www.judesworld.net

I think Fergal ia an alien!! Normal human beings don't pop out to read their Emails in the middle of cleaning their teeth, do they?
I do... I have emails on my mobile gadget and read them as soon as they are received. I would suggest that I suffer from something called "contact addiction" a type of internet addiction, as I check my emails compulsively, my online activity interferes with my work and on a bad day I obssesively watch developments on the forums. HOWEVER I will not suggest this is real because I know somebody who is into self-diagnosis and self-help books and trendy psychobabble recovery language and they are full of complete **** .

Not to sound rude, but I think you may just be a closet alcoholic and you've dipped this low as to drink mouth wash...hahaa
neil - it makes sense when you're mouthwashing for 60 seconds. It means when you finish you can get on with your life. But only if you're waiting for a specific job-related email. Otherwise it IS weird. Not sounding rude at all Snow - I'd rather be swilling out with slow gin but it doesn't attack plaque, and as a near 30 year old with no fillings, I take my oral hygeine very seriously.
sloe gin I meant the mouthwash has gone to my head
Sloppy already at this time, which is almost noon here, so hopefully it's a touch later where you are. You can't drink all day if you don't start first thing in the morning
Make mine a Sensodyne and Tonic, with ice and a twist.
Fergal, I think the solution is very simple. You swallowed it without remembering, perhaps even just a little at a time. "You don't need the light of the Lord to read the handwriting on the wall." Copies of Warsaw Tales available through www.new-ink.org
Topic locked