quiche

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
quiche

Hello there.

I never get to come on here anymore and this saddens me.

But I've popped on to ask if anyone has the Cranks recipe book quiche recipe including wholemeal pastry.

This has nothing to do with writing but does have to do with me needing to make a quiche.

Oh and my msn has messed up and I've lost everyone's contacts so those I seem to have ignored - I haven't - and email me!

How good to hear from you. I have the Cranks recipe book from somewhere around 1978 at home and if memory serves me well it does contain the said recipe. If you still need it tomorrow then I'll be able to provide a very old version of it. Are you writing at all? Nothing new on here from you for ages and it's missed.
Hey tony, Yes I will be cooking the quiche tomorrow in fact, so tomorrow is fine. Thanks for that. I am still writing, very hard on my novel redrafting. I am hoping to post a few things up on here soon. Still looking for work, still homeless, still smiling however. And if I have time and energy to make quiche it can't be all bad.
Typical, not a peep for ages and then only turns up when she wants something. Pfft! Anyway, this is the bestI can come up with: Cassidy's Recipe for vegetarian Quiche (from 'Preacher' by Garth Ennis) 1. Take Quiche 2. Throw quiche out the window 3. Cook a T-bone steak instead

hahaha. Quiche happens to be delicious when it is hot and eating straight away with fingers. So there.
Enzo v2.0
Anonymous's picture
Preacher is bloody brilliant. Quiche...not so much. But I haven't tried the Cranks quiche including wholemeal pastry, which may be an entriely different quiche experience from the Tesco's value quiche I am used to. Afterthought: Quiche is *definately* one of those words that gets stranger and less meaningful the more you look at it.
Yes. I think it should be pronounced – Qwish. Hi Fergs. Good to hear from you, petal. I have a tip for preparing quiche. If it goes wrong, put it in a liquidiser, add some brandy and flambé it at the table. That makes people clap, which is always very nice. Trouble is it might not taste too good, so - when they've finished clapping - make a noise like a smoke alarm and evacuate the room. Then announce that an over-eager sprinkler system has ruined your creation and serve salad. Lou x ~ www.fabulousmother.com
I may try the flambe effect... as I'm cooking it for my boyfriend, his mum and dad and his son I think flames in their kitchen could really work wonders... So Tony did you find your 78 version of said quiche?
I've just been to look for it and discovered that my wife gave it to one of the kids to take to University and it never came back. Shame. We've replaced it, apparently, with Delia's Veggie Cookbook. You can tell who does the meat cooking in this family - and who does the healthy stuff.
Topic locked