Moving story

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Moving story

Pretty Vacant by Anne Fulham is a great story (it's at http://www.abctales.com/abcplex/viewstory.cgi?s=923) Some paragraphing would make it easier to read but that's the only criticism. It's a dark and emotional story that is particularly relevant for anyone who's ever felt ignored. (And no, I don't know the author - I just thought the story was worth mentioning as being ace!) Be prepared - you might cry.

Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
I'd love to see some input on this story from the other members here
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
I wholly agree with this Emily - this was a job well done. So much symbolism here; covering her identify by way of tattoos and hiding from herself in a way. There were a couple of things I wanted to point out to the author; 1)But the simple truth was that her parents thought Jane to be a good, solid name, one that would never be out of fashion. Jane thought and never in. THIS LAST LINE WAS AWKWARD; I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED - 'AND NEVER IN', JANE THOUGHT. 2) She worked quietly and carefully in class, never producing anything that was not mediocre I DID A DOUBLE READ ON THAT ONE - I THINK WHAT THE WRITER MEANS TO SAY IS - NEVER PRODUCING ANYTHING THAT WAS MORE THAN MEDIOCRE 3) Her school reports were dull, average grades for everything, comments that meant nothing, the teachers not quite sure who they were writing about ALMOST AS IF THE TEACHERS WEREN'T QUITE SURE WHO THEY WERE WRITING ABOUT Other than those three things, I think the piece was very well written - I do hope Anne comes in on this post; I'd like to see it discussed with her.
Topic locked