what next

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
what next

hello all you writer-type people out there in ABC land ... so ... what's next ... I've posted stories ... does anyone actually read them?

Keith :)

Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
yes - and wow! Loved Darkness in particular. Only thing I wasn't too sure of was Susan admitting that Frankie hit her to Hugo, rather than saying she fell into a door or any of the other excuses battered women use. But other than that, it was brilliant In answer to 'what next', there's loads of other stuff that could happen. If our editors like your stories/poems you could be cherrypicked, made story of the day, have your story mailed out in our daily tales e-mail, be made writer of the week, get offered the chance to have your work published (paid) in our magazine, get your work selected for one of the anthologies we're planning for later in the year or get picked up by our in-house literary agency. Hope this helps and please write more stuff on the site - I'm looking forward to reading it. Cheers Emily
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Welcome, Keith :-)
w1ldrover
Anonymous's picture
Thanks Emily, that is quite a 'what's next' compendium ... I look forward to reading and writing more stuff on this grreat website Keith :)
w1ldrover
Anonymous's picture
Thanks for the welcome Barry :)
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Always nice to have someone new. Don't forget to read some stories from other people as well. The old favourite contributors thread might be a good place to start, or there's the old favourite random function. Hope you enjoy yourself on the site and welcome aboard.
w1ldrover
Anonymous's picture
Thanks Andrew ... I'm enjoying the reading too :)
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
my guess is you'll end up in Ta Chucks with the rest of us ... but as andrew says .. welcome aboard ...
w1ldrover
Anonymous's picture
thanks for the welcome ivoryfishbone ... it is inevitable that I will end up in Ta Chucks ... now that you have intrigued me lol :)
paul_may
Anonymous's picture
Well theres not alot you can do really is there? I mean I recently submitted some of my stories here as well and really all you can do is hope that someone reads it and then more people read it and so on. Then who knows? Publishing? Stardom? Presidne/Prime Minister? Okay well maybe not that but theres nothing you can do but wait and submit stories to as many people as possible. Anyone please feel free to dispute with me
fred
Anonymous's picture
please whatever you do...keep writing. We do read and enjoy. Yes.. it makes us wonder why when we read some of the exellent work why we carry on on. It is worth it just to read what people have to say. Even if you disagree, open yourself to other peoples ideas and strive because people out here are reading and learning. There is an audience....
robert
Anonymous's picture
well said, fred
Sara
Anonymous's picture
Thankyou for telling me about this site, I cant wait to put some of my work here to. If you read something you think i,d be interested in then please let me know! I remember you telling me about Angels so reading it was cool. Catch you soon :)
w1ldrover
Anonymous's picture
you're more than welcome Sara ... I'm looking forward to reading your work xx
Topic locked