soft lad
Anonymous's picture
calm down, calm down
IFB
Anonymous's picture
*faints*
beef
Anonymous's picture
sorry IFB, I too am ignorant although I know the name (I confuse it with Melvyn, possibly?!) Hope I haven't given you a heart attack!
IFB
Anonymous's picture
melvyn????????????? with his hair like the open lid of a grand piano????????
beef
Anonymous's picture
I'm sorry!!!
IFB
Anonymous's picture
i have to grudgingly admit that he is a musician ...
soft lad
Anonymous's picture
a Melvyn Bragg is rhyming slang for a... come in soft lad, yer tea's ready!!!!!!!!!!!
soft lad's dad
Anonymous's picture
er, sorry about that. Now all you gerls - kop a load of this:- http://www.billybragg.co.uk/
IFB
Anonymous's picture
ooooooh thanks soft lad's dad ... have just had a good oodle and drool ...
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Cabbies and hair dressers have brilliant stories. They've met such a range of people. There's an old saying if you are new to a city, ask a cabbie or a barber.
fey
Anonymous's picture
Could we have Shane MacGowan? Please? Pllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasse?
W H Audenary
Anonymous's picture
To save myself the tedium of having to entertain the ABC Talecatcher (who is notoriously fond of my Adelstrop Port) I thought I would save us all the bother and reprint an extract from an interview I gave recently to Carol Ann Duffer of 'PEN' Magazine. CAD: I would like to begin by thanking you for agreeing to this interview. It is a rare honour. WHA: Of course it is, dear girl. I noticed that you've been scraping the barrel recently by interviewing Armitage, Motion, Hill and Fenton. Though I suppose they are all passable minor poets in their own way. CAD: It's at least two weeks since you last published an award-winning book of poetry. Are you drying up? WHA: I was concerned for the first thirteen days, but then I realised I've got twenty minutes between this interview and opening time at The Elf and Unicorn. I'll write my next award-winning book then. CAD: You mentioned Andrew Motion earlier. Were you disappointed that he got the Laureateship, despite your smear campaign? WHA: Twenty letters to 'The Times Literary Supplement' informing them that all Mr. Motion's poems are in fact copies of my discarded first drafts which he retrieved from my dustbin is hardly a smear campaign. Besides, his job is to write poems to the Queen. Well, I'll have you know young lady, that Her Majesty writes poems to me! CAD: You are noted for your sartorial elegance. Who is your style guru? WHA: Wilde, of course! CAD; Ahh… Oscar… WHA: No… Marty.
Garglesand
Anonymous's picture
A poem by the person that writes the www.drunkdragon.20m.com news site.
Karen
Anonymous's picture
Tube travellers, about strange things they have seen or done on the Tube.
John Shepherd
Anonymous's picture
Nurses and teachers and other vocational types
Mingulay Mary
Anonymous's picture
Oh dear, I haven't got a witty response to that.... as a vocational type myself who's often been mistaken for one of the other vocational types, I am stumped for syllables and fniff fo fnuff
vocational query?
Anonymous's picture
Was mandy really after the facts on the ABC staff? or did she mean that she was interested in the contributors to the site? I suspect the latter. I'm off to lean on my bard. sip sip.

Pages

Topic locked