Whose story would you like to hear?

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
Whose story would you like to hear?

Calling all curious folk! Our Tale Catchers go out and about and catch tales wherever they are told. We have stories from hippies and cabbies, teachers and celebs. We capture their tales and put them up here on the site. The next issue of the ABCtales magazine is a special Tale Catchers issue, full of weird, wonderful and downright ordinary tales from the public at large.

We want to know who you'd like us to catch a tale from, and about what?

Vote here and vote now!

lost llama
Anonymous's picture
Teachers are vacational types. Always on holiday.
mandylifeboats
Anonymous's picture
I was after the lowdown on (some of) the thousands of contributors. We get a bit of bio now and again when someone is storyteller of the week but it's very superficial and doesn't tell us what we'd really like to know. Anyone agree?
IFB
Anonymous's picture
wholeheartedly MLB ... i would like a nice member biog page with pics and EVERYTHING ...
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
You wouldn't want to see my picture.
iFB
Anonymous's picture
no true si ...
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
I may be the coolest apple around but my mug is pretty ugly. Would like to see your pic though. Just so I can picture your face as you follow me through threads :-)
robert
Anonymous's picture
well spag, there IS a webpage with both ifb and littlefishbone...what was that address again ivy?
iFB
Anonymous's picture
no .. that website has expired ... its round this week's chips robert dear ...
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
Cool. I am desgning my web site as we speak. Soon you may just have pics of Si. Thanks for the info Robert
robert
Anonymous's picture
asylum seekers, buskers, street preachers, elves, librarians, independent record shop owners, people aged 80+, publicans
mandylifeboats
Anonymous's picture
editors at ABCTales...
Perry Chicker
Anonymous's picture
Let's hear the Cherry Pickers' literary CV's in rhyme, please.
Diana Bird, Editor
Anonymous's picture
Any famous folk?
curua
Anonymous's picture
As long as they aren't politicians...
paul_may
Anonymous's picture
Anyone who can spell eugenics?
paul_may
Anonymous's picture
Anyone who has a good idea for a story?
IFB
Anonymous's picture
milkmen
Corner of The Yard
Anonymous's picture
Ronnie Biggs ...... The lost years?
IFB
Anonymous's picture
hairdressers actually ... mine has a fascinating tale about working on a cruise ship ...
Yawner of the Card
Anonymous's picture
David Blaine (well, it will give Alice a trip to the States)
IFB
Anonymous's picture
what about Bjork? ... alice could go to iceland and i could go along too ... i have always fancied iceland ...
Freezer jollygo...
Anonymous's picture
I got thrown out of Iceland.
Chamois Lederhosen
Anonymous's picture
Same happened to me at The World of Leather.
IFB
Anonymous's picture
i think council officers might have interesting tales ... i used to share an office with drainage once ...
Braindead
Anonymous's picture
Sorry Diana but I can't think of a single famous person who hasn't already said more than we want to hear. I've only been mulling this over for 30 mins though. I'll be back. How about the head (if you can find him) of the Bilderberg Group? or David Icke...... now that would be interesting.
IFB
Anonymous's picture
i am far more interested in the tales of the non famous ... i met a bloke in a library once who said he'd seen an old lady pick up "fear of flying" as she was going on holiday ...
got one!
Anonymous's picture
How about waiters/chefs etc and what they do behind the scenes to the food ordered by obnoxious and insulting customers? I've heard some stories.....
fey
Anonymous's picture
you really DON'T want to know
Hannibal Lecture
Anonymous's picture
Could you interview some tasty teachers?
Elf The Aged
Anonymous's picture
Could you interview some New Age Pensioners?
Anne Rice
Anonymous's picture
Could you have an Interview With The Vampire?
IFB
Anonymous's picture
dentists definitely ...
Philip Mac Caverty
Anonymous's picture
Hurt...
Merseysippi
Anonymous's picture
Please interview Sol Campbell and Bixente Lizarazu and ask them if they are coming to Liverpool. Ta.
IFB
Anonymous's picture
please interview billy bragg and ask him if he wants to marry me ....
Billy Bragg
Anonymous's picture
Marry, will you Ivory me? BB
IFB
Anonymous's picture
yes billy i will ... errrrm i do ... oooooh i thought you'd never ask ...
Billy G Oat
Anonymous's picture
mmm... didn't you once write a poem about me?
IFB
Anonymous's picture
no but i might
robert
Anonymous's picture
didn't BB write a lyric about putting somebody on a pedestal?
IFB
Anonymous's picture
only connect
kurious_oranj
Anonymous's picture
billy bragg blehh wg's guitar killed fascists, bb's voice kills brain cells
ProzacDolls
Anonymous's picture
God's.
mandylifeboats
Anonymous's picture
I agree with "Braindead" - no celebs! ABCTales has up to now been refreshingly free of Names. I wouldn't mind reading about ABCTalers though, who they are, what they do...that kind of thing. But, please, no celebs!
IFB
Anonymous's picture
*gasps* ... oranj how can you say such things about my husband??? ... BB is the perfect man (body of a builder, soul of a poet ...)
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
I too wouldn't mind an interview with Billy Bragg. Although I am not in love with him, the bloke is totally sorted. I would dearly like to have a few pints with him and take him to a karaoke. For my money, as I've said on another thread, "I had an uncle who once played /for red star belgrade" is one of the best couplets in modern music. And Nigella Lawson, so long as I can do the interviewing. I too wouldn't mind a profile on real abcers. I didn't get a chance to submit a fictitious self-serving account of my life when I was Cake-maker of the Week, many many moons ago.
beth
Anonymous's picture
People fom travelling communities...bodybuilders/wrestlers...Jarvis Cocker...BRIAN BLESSED (definitely)...people that do voice-overs for animation
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Billy Bragg is a good friend to ABCtales and will be writing for the site as soon as he finishes his new album - so be polite please! He's also a diamond geezer who gives of his time most freely to help build radical businesses like this. He puts his time where his mouth is - he spoke at the Red Pepper AGM this year - and you can't say that about many pop stars. As for the ABCtalers - you'll find most of our details in 'about us' on the site - just click on your navigation bar if you can get away from leaning on your own bar! pip pip and happy trails, The Chief Exec
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
Andrew, I've added a page at http://www.abctales.com/abcplex/viewfeature.cgi?f=85 which links to profiles of all the previous Writers of the Week - if you mail me a fictitious self-serving account of your life, I can add it to the site (if you can remember which week you were 'Writer of the Week' it would be handy too!) Cheers Emily
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
ooooooooooooh tony .... please tell billy when you see him next that i have been in love with him for *ahem* years ... *thrilled*

Pages

Topic locked