1985 STOP THE CITY rally: Were you there?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
1985 STOP THE CITY rally: Were you there?

Karl has a great thread going on The Politics Of Envy (see below)..he touches on demonstrations and destruction.

I am writing a crime novel at present, part of which is set in 80s London.

Is there anyone out there who went on the 1985 Stop The City rally. I was there, trapped outside The Stock Exchange. I'd just like to get some more perspective other than my own, either on this thread or by e-mail.

Any memories?

Wolfgirl
Anonymous's picture
Thanks, Karl. Strange to think that I was one of the anarchists then in the same place as you...in a pair of bondage trousers and the compulsory Johnny Rotten sneer. It was fun. Bloody frightening at times but fun.
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
I saw you! So it was you, was it? The one with the Johnny Rotten trousers and the bondage sneer? I always wondered what happened to you.
fish
Anonymous's picture
*overtakes liana in outside lane*
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
I was caught up in the Poll Tax riots of the late eighties in Trafalgar and Leicester squaress. At the time, we were working out of a massive TimeShare office in Leicester square (it's now a yogurt restaurant or something). We had to protect the doors. Luckily none of our windows went as they were huge. I'll see if I can drag up any memories for you, Wolfie.
Topic locked