£2 Glasgow Flight

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
£2 Glasgow Flight

As requested, I'm reporting back to let all know how my £2 Glasgow flight worked out. If you remember, the flight cost £2 and the tax was £7 - same for return.

I'm quite a fan of Stansted Airport because it's so organised and there's never, ever any queues at the check-in desks. I've flown up to Glasgow before from there, and actually flew out to the States from there too, although that was via Amsterdam on KLM.

The check-in was fast and proficient, although the only draw-back with this type of travel is that there are no fixed seats, so it's a bit of a cattle market when it comes time to board the plane with everyone elbowing foward in a solid mass attempting to secure the best seats.

I fucked up, although didn't realise until we reached Glasgow. I was up there for a job interview and had inadvertantly sat on some chocolate. There was a large brown blob on the back of my black trousers that looked exactly like ..... well, exactly like .... well, cak, for want of a better word.

I couldn't believe it. Straight into the bogs, trousers off and stand there in my underpants and leather jacket attempting to wash the chocolate off the seat of my trousers. I was so fucking embarrassed.

I did a poor job, untucked my shirt to cover up as best as possible and headed out to meet my lift. Of all the days!

Stormy was right, Prestwick Airport is nowhere near Glasgow. In fact, it's right in the doonbogglies.

Apart from that, the flight was fine, as was the return. I'd recommend Ryanair any day. Just check your seat for chocolate first and don't order any sandwiches. They're dry and well over-priced. £6.50 for a sandwich and coffee means that I paid three times as much for breakfast tha the actual flight cost.

justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Sounds like Ryanair, for sure, especially about the airport being in the middle of nowhere. Still, if you're able to accomodate the drawbacks, the price is right.
stormy
Anonymous's picture
thanks for the report Karl (I think it was me that asked for one). laughed at chocolate incident. think we have all been there. I first flew from stanstead when the car park was a grass field and parking was free. nostalgia. a thing of the past.
e-griff
Anonymous's picture
but presaging the future, when few birds fly and we tumble into desolitude....
JH
Anonymous's picture
I *did* warn you about Prestwick. It's over 45 miles from Glasgow, for anyone who's considering this. In fact, Edinburgh Airport is nearer to Queen Street station in terms of travel time...
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
The chocolate story is true, Stormy. Glad you enoyed it. But I couldn't believe it happened to me on the one day I'm going for a job interview - an all day interview at that - and with a brand new pair of trousers.
Topic locked