UKAuthor's New Competition

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
UKAuthor's New Competition

Hi,

Being new to the world of writing, I am wondering if someone will please tell me if it's OK to enter this competition without being from the UK.

Also, how does one go about counting 2500 words? Do a, an, and, the, etc. count as words to be counted? I'm guessing they do but please verify this for me.

Wow, I didn't know posting on ABC makes my work published and disqualified for entry into a contest! Not that it's not a great excuse to write something new, but perhaps I must be careful what I post if I ever intend on entering it into a contest. Is this an international rule?

Thanks for your help. I'm a bit naive about these things.

Christine

Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Christine, It doesn't matter at all if you're not from the UK. It's just the name of the site, and we have members from all over the world :-) A, an, and and the all count as words, yes. The best way, though, is to use your wordcount facility in Word. Don't worry too much, though, a few words (although not TOO many)over the limit will be ok. The reason that entries must be previously unpublished (even on the Net) is that part of the prize is publication in Buzzwords, which is a pretty prestigous print magazine and, along with most print mags, they stipulate that all their submissions must be previously unpublished and they count work being on the Net as 'published'. You can check things out further by going to Andrea
Topic locked