A Drunken Rant

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
A Drunken Rant

Who said alcohol helps you sleep? Perhaps another contender for the "Common Sense that's Bollocks" or what ever the thread was called.
For lack of anything better to do I've been looking back on the "Iraq War" threads and there has been some really cracking arguments! It's worth doing a search, if you are a recent member, and reading a few older posts to see Missi at his best. Many of us have given the old codger a hard time but he has responded with style, fire and a vigour that seems to have somewhat diminished of late.
I hate to admit it but I admire the old coot and regret our misunderstandings which were often due to my inability to see both sides of the question and, worse, to be more interested in scoring points than finding a compromise, or at least a better understanding of what he was trying to say. It seems to me that Missi has often single-handedly taken on the best that the opposition could throw at him and not only survived but forced everyone to rethink - often by playing the Devil's advocate.
Mind you he was usually wrong ;o)
Of course I'm just talking rubbish because I'm pissed - but so many great arguments that once fired the thread with passion seem to have turned into boring logical debates where we all try to sound logical, sweet and sensible and don't say how we feel, only how we think.
I've nothing against pink and fluffy threads which serve to amuse and strengthen the sense of community but the real power of ABC's threads has always been the diversity of opinion here and Georges talent to arouse the passion and prejudice that makes an interesting argument into a fascinating one.

dodgy darren
Anonymous's picture
YESE WELL its always those bloody 1 cent coins we have over here
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
Oops, I didn't really mean to post that! I was just reminiscing as drunks do and typing my thoughts in the "letters never meant to be sent" tradition. I did intend to post something but it was going to be a severely edited version. I clicked on post instead of preview. I wondered how it would look - now I know :) Still, too late now! That’s what you get from sitting up all night drinking strong lager. Still, pain that he is, he is almost an ABC institution - if one man can be an institution. He should certainly live in one ;o) With a bit of luck it will make me realise it's time to stop drinking again. [%sig%]
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
Cheers George, no doubt the ensuing hangover will provide enough discomfort without your needing to provide a cutting response.
dodgy darren
Anonymous's picture
and you wake up thinking, what did i do last night, you remember then curse out aload, oh not again....
jude
Anonymous's picture
"and you wake up thinking, what did i do last night, you remember then curse out aload, oh not again...." oooo too often
dodgy darren
Anonymous's picture
then you pick up your smoke smelling clothes of the floor, all your coins fell out of your pockets and it takes you half an hour to collect them all, as when you drink you tend to use notes instead of the coins in your pocket, maybe because they are bigger.... and if its a lucky day, you might find a piece of paper with a phone number on it, but you forgot to write her name and you cannot remember her face...
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
You're doing well if you can remember what you did, Jude ;o) You're my hero Darren; you actually have money left in the morning ;o)
Topic locked