£7826 per gall!

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
£7826 per gall!

No, this isn't the projected price of petrol in a fortnights time, it's the price of printer ink NOW! Dearer than everything form vintage champagne to blood and rocket fuel.

'It isn't dear at all, when you consider the development and investment', the printer manufacturers say.

BOLLOCKS

They are greedy bastards and the sooner someone comes up with an invention to bankrupt them the better. What we need is something along the lines of a handheld implement that is cheap, disposable and fits in your pocket. We could call it a pencil for want of a better word.

mississippi
Anonymous's picture
It's actually £1.70p per mil.ltr.
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Have you thought about some rubber tubing and siphoning it out of printers the way people used to do with petrol? I see a decent scam involving dressing in orange overalls and saying "Here to fix your printer love" around various offices, before making off with the precious ink. Never mind invading Iraq for oil (sorry, human rights reasons), we need to find out which country has this ink lake and give them a royal kicking...
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
Buy a squid?
Jeff Prince
Anonymous's picture
How did you work it out, George. Show us the maths, in a Carol Vorderman style please!
Flash
Anonymous's picture
But don't wear one of her outfit's.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I used a bit of mental arithmetic cos I couldn't find my calculator and I'm one tit short of being Carol Vorderman. The figure of £1.70 per millilitre was taken from a newspaper article that compared the price with various other liquids, Chanel No5 = 64p per ml. Blood (as supplied to the NHS by the NBS) = 23p per ml Remy Martin XO Cognac = 16.4p per ml Dom Perignon 1985 = 10.4p per ml Space shuttle fuel = 0.018p per ml Anyway, having found my calculator the sums are thus; 1 ml costs £1.70p 1 litre = 1000 ml 1 imperial gallon = 4.54609188 litres therefore the cost of one gallon is, £1.70 x 1000 x 4.54609188 £7728.356 to 7 decimal places. (My mental arithmetic WAS correct, I added on the extra as a handling charge.)
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
One tit? Oh revenge is sweet............
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
Gerorge, Windows has always included a calculator - usually found in accessories (Start : All Programs : Accessories - on XP) - which is configurable and a lot more accurate since Windows 3.
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
I quite like Andrew's idea but with the simpler premise of replacing the, hopefully, quite full cartridges with empties and “Sorry, I need a deflugilating impulse modulator... I’ll be back soon.”
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Why don't you but one of those Epson printers that uses gels instead, quite cheap now so i hear........A galleon of printer ink?......i'm not going to ask.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I wondered where you were. I don't use on screen things, I need to feel the buttons I push.
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
I wonder how much d-Lysergic acid Diethylamide is a litre nowadays - in fact I wonder if they put it in printer ink to improve the colour ;o)
Flash
Anonymous's picture
He wasn't talking to you Missi, he was talking to someone called Gerorge.........or was it Gregory or Geordi or Gregori or Green Ogre. Maybe he was talking to you afterall.....he could be pissed again.
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
That would better have read : .... to improve the colours :)
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
I've given up the Stella, Flash. I read a headline the other day that said "Henman Out Of Stella" and I though, if he can do it so can I!
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
"Why don't you but one of those Epson printers....." Perhaps you meant 'butt one of those printers', Flash, but I find a good talking to usually suffices.
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
Yes, Flash, thought not though :)
Flash
Anonymous's picture
OOOOOOOOOOOOH bumcakes!!! 'and I though, if he can do it so can I.' I win, i win. I thrash my printer with a branch Fawlty style, talking will only work for so long Mykle.
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
You obviously have a serious personality disorder, Flash, and I'm amazed your printer hasn't smacked you in the teeth and resigned - poor bloke must be desperate for the work!
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
It’s not some sort of sexual perversion is it Flash?
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Withdrawal symptoms is it, Mykle?
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Sorry i'm still laughing at your attempts at humour Mykle. 'It’s not some sort of sexual perversion is it Flash?' Are you asking me for advice?
Mykle
Anonymous's picture
I have no aspirations in the perversion department, Flash, but I’m curious as to whether your printer is male or female.
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Can't fault George's maths - is there some sort of discount for buying in volume though - can't help but feel that the packaging element for printer ink (which is sold in fairly small cartons) accounts for a part of the price per unit, and that if you were actually just buying a gallon and dispensing your own each time you wanted to top up, it might be less. If we can produce a printer that runs on space shuttle fuel, we'll clean up... Or even a car, that fuel seems cheap as chips. About 82p per gallon.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
I get mine for free :o))))
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
ggggrrrrrrrrrr
Hen
Anonymous's picture
There's a shop near us that makes their own and sells them for much cheaper prices. Of course, the companies strongly recommend against using any brand other than theirs, but I've never had any problems with the cheaper ones.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Mine are very very cheap *smirks*
DespotFlashy
Anonymous's picture
No wonder you can afford expensive underwear.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Most manufacturers will tell you that unless you use their own brand ink you will invalidate your guarantee. They ALL install partly charged cartridges before sale to ensure a quick replacement. Lexmark sell one printer for £24.99 with an almost empty cartridge. The replacement cartridge costs £29.99. SCUMBAGS! Epson are another firm that rip their customers off.
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
I didn't know liana spent a lot of money on underwear. She wasn't wearing any of it the last time she was on the back of my bicycle. Crap post I know, but I haven't been in here for three weeks and I find that no one has posted for an hour and ten minutes on "general diss" tonight, pre pub chucking out time. That's rubbish. TV must have picked up.
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
Tis right, is very quiet.........
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
I have thought more than one liquid substance that is more expensive than printer ink when used in its purest form, but this swimming pool is empty tonight so I am off to watch Big Brother or go into UKA or touch myself. Anything mindless.
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
do not watch big brother... do not do UKA.... if needs be play with us
DespotFlashy
Anonymous's picture
She spends £14 on S&M knickers apparently...............sorry M&S knickers. Don't ask me how i know this.
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Oh God. you tart. Shall we go off-thread to continue this one?
DespotFlashy
Anonymous's picture
Erm...............i'll pass if you don't mind mr Gardiner.
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
Fleshpot, Sorry, thread disorder. I was replying to the other tart.
DespotFlashy
Anonymous's picture
The other.......... but there are so many here.
Stephen Gardiner
Anonymous's picture
She knows.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
£14-please pay attention.
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
She does, she's having a technological breakdown. Must have terribly prudish pc
Andrew | PABD
Anonymous's picture
Canon Printers come fully charged. I highly recommend the 850i and the 950i. Excellent print quality, cheap replacements and very, very frugal in ink use.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
How much a gallon is THEIR ink, Andrew?
Jeff Prince
Anonymous's picture
Where do you keep the gallon of ink, once you've bought it?
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Safety deposit box, Jeff!
Jeff Prince
Anonymous's picture
Could you stand at the window with a cap and apron vending it to gullible computer nerds? Say 2 pence per millilitre.
Topic locked