Yutka:Sleep loosens

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yutka:Sleep loosens

Yutka : I notice you have this wonderful - hmmm - obsession, with dearest William. And though I've never read a word of this Shakespeare fella, I'd imagine he'd be much more complicated to decipher! I did see the movie, though!

Come torture knotted threads
to yield before thy sweetest arrows;
Tourniquet streams of doubt, not twine
between two cold flags as
Day bleeds emptiest light.

Unsheathe such sense
bathing ears in sore ideas
to soothe such leprous spirit,
Then condemn thy darkest pity
upon a warmth of sorrowful dreams,
As lost souls redeem harmony.

Yutka
Anonymous's picture
not really an obsession but admiration.... film was ok, nothing to lose sleep about it. hmmm...did u?
Jasper
Anonymous's picture
Oh don't get all precious on me Y: I like your work and read it often! All I'm saying is that the intent of your work is a little too obvious at times. Shakespeare was a very complex writer as clues are rare and he twisted names and situations satirically! Laconic style might infer simplicticy, to expose the complex, but it's very difficult to achieve while maintaining reader interest! Two such talented prose pieces in this style here are, Milkstone's "Far Away Blue" and Fergal's "Shane in the key of Alice." Two Poets here who I feel are masters at the same style, are Chant and Nicoletta Skydolphin.... in anything btw! Take a look and you'll see what I mean. So no, I never loose any sleep when I do something to aid rather than harm an artist. But then harm is always anothers opinions, not mine; and I never waste my time flagging up ART without real talent behind it..*wink*
jacques
Anonymous's picture
Jasper, get off that! That is a goat, not a sheep. signed; your pa.
Jasper
Anonymous's picture
I don't want you imitate a dead person: heavens no, Yutka! His/Her time was there and then, while this is your time here and now! It is a sad space for ART where only past reflections judge our talent, and use us as puppet trophies, Yutka. And I, for one, simply feel you should be no ones lesser by any comparison.....that's all! Influence is fine, but to go over the top of them mouldy old cheese walls, is a far far better thing to achieve! I kinda like that Nike logo: Tick tock......Just do it!
Jasper
Anonymous's picture
You have very pure poet's soul, Yutka........I am enjoying watching you unfold what I sense will soon blind so very many others here at ABCtales!
Topic locked