Drew itunes_3

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Drew itunes_3

This is wonderful: funny, sad, dry, self-effacing and very real. The tone is clean and underplayed, but what it is about is kind of heartbreaking. I like it very much. The interspersion with the songs works really well.

I love this site for pieces like this: flashes of people's lives, written, posted, read.

Drew - congrats about Darts, and also, your writing is brilliant.

I love the rhythm, and the gaps between what is said and what is felt. I will probably still be thinking about this later on.

hello, I have some good news for you - I came back to this site to see if you had written anything new... it's always a bit galling when you find a writer better than you and you want to get published yourself but, hey, I'll let you off! Your writing is beautiful, aching, sad, realistic - i like the way you juxtapose the bigger picture and then the smaller details. You're getting published, that's fab. It's funny how happiness is subjective, cos that would make me over the moon! But, yeah, getting out of Leicester is understandable :-) I moved to Dubai from UK last year and it's the best thing I ever did. Anyway, your writing is haunting and compelling. Please, if you get a chance have a look at some of the stuff I've put up, and any criticism good or bad is much appreciated. Continue with i Tunes Alicia

Thanks both of you for your comments, not deserved I'm sure. And also as I said before, a bit weird, cause this is my life. Of course I'm pleased about Darts. And it appeared here first on ABC, in quite a different form, years ago. I'll be more pleased about the Down By Law stories, which also appeared on here, if the agent finally gets back to me with a final decision. Cheers again, Drew.

Topic locked