Mickey mouse degrees.

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mickey mouse degrees.

As you may know I have an unhealthy interest in the usefulness of degrees, I can see the for example the usefulness of an English degree or a Psychology degree, a maths degree or a chemistry degree are of course inherently useful, but can someone enlighten me as to the point of degrees such as the mickey mouse ones that are around today. why, when I studied so long for a BA and MA in English, can some trumped up twat come along with a MPhil in the Formation of Floor Tiles and claim superiority? What is the point in these degrees?

Is this a joke? (Just noticing the name) 1) a 'a MPhil in the Formation of Floor Tiles' is only going to be considered useful if you're looking at going into a career in tile-fitting. No one's 'trumping' you. 2) They probably have to study just as hard to get it.
This has to be a wind up: >why, when I studied so long for a BA and MA in English< preceeded by: >I can see the for example the usefulness of an English degree or a Psychology degree, a maths degree or a chemistry degree are of course inherently useful < Based upon what I've read so far i.e. gibberish, it is clear why some twat with a degree in floor tiles can claim superiority over ... what? You didn't say... Your typing skills? Clearly, he wins that one. Your use of the English language? 2-0 to the floor tiler. My question is this: Why do people who claim to have an English degree post such badly written shite? Ah, I've just realized, it's because they have an "unhealthy interest in the usefulness of degrees", so much so, that they forget how to use the one they claim to hold (or studied for). Kind regards, Minnie Mouse. XXX
Oops and as you can see I also have an unhealthy interest in chardonnay.

Liana

Anne, consider yourself smacked down.
So, come on then Anne, surgically enhanced, Robinson, what DO people who hold MPhils in the Formation of Floor Tiles, claim to be superior to you? Without that knowledge, we can't answer your question. Oh, I know, its a mosaic problem isn't it and you didn't start from a centre point, did you? Silly, MA spatially challenged person. :-)
The word "in" should have been place before "what" in my last post ... just being ever so correct since we are talking to an English, albeit chardonneyed expert here.
and the letter "d" added after the word "place". Well, I've probably had more to drink than char donney has in a week, but at least I make sense.
You should have just left it to your first post, Snitcher, which was the put-down of put-downs. But now you have undermined yourself and I, for one, feel let down. Admittedly, you still look pretty damn snazzy in comparison to Anne Robinson Bsc. Ma. but hey... Joe
spack's right snitcher, you ruined the trifle with one too many hundreds and thousands. oh and a pedant writes...Anne Robinson is well-known as a teetotaller, a way of life not uncommon amongst recovering alchoholics.
I'm not sure a degree in English -is- particularly useful, except perhaps to be able to tell the difference between Romantic and Post-Modern writing...certainly a degree in floor tiling would be more practical and useful (not to mention it probably pays more...)
I'm not sure if you can study a degree in Mickey Mouse yet but if you applied said subject to a study of iconography, semiotics, politics or animation then it can be academically sound. There'd be nowt wrong with a BA in Mickey Mouse.
well of course there would because then it'd be Mibackey Mouse [the cartoon mouse who's always looking for something to fill his pipe with] and not the frozen headed one's creation.
My thesis (Biological Science Bsc) was "Effect of a Molluscicide on Osmoregulation in Bivalve Molluscs" And it IS inherently useful in my role in the Vocations office in the Bishops' Conference for the Catholic Church. so there.

Who gives a fuck? Now THERE'S something that a degree in would be worth having! I've been studying all my life and haven't got past 'O' level yet :-(

Welcome home George. Glad the rest has soothed your soul...

It'd be a bit like the driving test, George - you can always gen up on the theory but screw up repeatedly when it comes to the practical
yes. sex is just like the driving test. you're going along fine, everything under control, then a white-haired old lady pulling a tartan shopping bag on wheels steps right in front of you and this puts you off. you stall pulling away, you pull out and get beeped for that, you fail to indicate your direction and then you're looking at three months before you can do it all again.
Jude, the forums have been suffering from a distinct lack of sex and foul-mouthed language as far as I can see, though I don't get to 'see' too much these days as I STILL have log in every fucking time I change pages! And NO ONE in ABC towers seems to give a shit! Most times I get as far as logging in once and when I'm asked to do it again I find something else to do. Also unless I DO manage to log in, the forum list is stuck at the point it was at last time I was here. In other words, none of the posts since I was last here show up at all. Sorry all you guys that think the site is running like a Swiss watch, but you're wrong, it's half-assed. ---- screw up repeatedly when it comes to the practical ---- I'm not sure whether that's an unfortunate choice of phrase or a deliberate choice there, Neil. Either way I'm all for it. Faithless. You deserve everything you get for pulling out.

my problem has always been the emergency stop
Mine has always been the spare tyre.
mine has always been in finding a vehicle that doesn't run out of gas before I do...hnerr
Sex is like a time deposit. Early withdrawal can lead to a substantial loss of interest.
Topic locked