Passport Photos

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Passport Photos

I have just renewed my passport. As I wanted it done quickly - last minute booking of a short break in France - I took my application to the London office. I had managed to get a couple of photos which showed off my rugged good looks and boyish charm, while conveying a hint of my caring and compassionate side.

Unfortunately my specs had a small reflection which the passport office found unacceptable, so I had to get another set done in the photo machine on Victoria station. I now have to spend the next ten years with a passport photo that makes me look like Hannibal Lecters more psychotic older brother.

So who does yours look like?

Funnily I am just taking the kids to the US Embassy tomorrow to renew their US passports (they're dual citizens, lucky buggers). Appointment is at 9:00 am, which means we'll have to leave Cambridge around ten o'clock tonight in order to be there on time, what with traffic on the M11. My first passport, which I got when I was 21, showed a lovely, long-haired girl with a clear and sparkling innocence in her eyes. My latest passport, obtained about four years ago, does not resemble the 21-year-old at all. In fact, it doesn't resemble ME at all. I had them taken at a photo developers, and the girl was so unprofessional we had to have about four 'takes' before the final, horrid picture was settled on. There are some wavy lines as part of the security markings on the pic. The wavy lines make me look like I'm wearing a prosthetic nose, a great, bulbous and slightly off-centre prosthetic nose. My eyes are squinty in the pic, and for some reason the angle of the light makes me also appear to have had collagen injections in my lips, which look a strange amorphous shape, balloon-like, and an odd hue of orange. Truly, truly dreadful. I have to carry this thing around until 2012. I'm considering 'losing' it in Spain or somewhere, maybe for a few thousand pounds.
an alien life form cranked up on crystal meth wearing some of my clothes jude "Cacoethes scribendi" http://www.judesworld.net

Arch... I do hope you're not planning on using that description on a "Would Like to Meet" website... ;-) {{{_"P"_}}} ... What is "The Art of Tea"? ... (www.pepsoid.wordpress.com - latest... Can We Ever Really Know the Truth About Anything?)

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

Next time I renew my passport I'm going to wear a Muslim veil.
Archie, that was so funny, my first proper giggle of the day. All the funnier because I know how attractive you REALLY are. My passport photo is also dreadful, sadly. I had a lovely one taken in 1994 after I'd just been swimming, and I was 23 and very oxygenated. This recent one was also a second-attempt like Hox's. I'd forgotten about the no-headscarf rule and my first photo included a subtle but undeniable headscarf. My second (and now fixed for years and years) picture was of me, hassled in Woolworths, being shouted at by toddlers, hair a yellow and brown mix as if I have a misshapen marble cake on my head, eyes so very tired. Pin-head/head-cake. Now that my hair is more chocolate sponge coloured, passport checkers look all the more closely at the picture. May have to put some streaks of yellow sponge back into the cake mix.
Speccy, sorry, I mean Galfreda, are you a closet lesbian? Have you arched Archer's arch with your tongue? Sorry to be _soo_ personel, but my stars, this week, said I should be curious.
By way of a pre-emption of a response from Galf or Arch... In your dreams, Heckle! {{{_"P"_}}} ... What is "The Art of Tea"? ... (www.pepsoid.wordpress.com - latest... Can We Ever Really Know the Truth About Anything?)

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

So 'personel'? Christ, an idiot troll with spelling issues. Hardly threatening, that. Middle age troubling you, Hecks? Not getting enough from the other half? No surprise, there.
Odd, that some oh-so-clever ABC-old-hand-(editor?)-troll (who can't even come up with 'his' own name) should think that a woman who complements another woman's beauty can only be a lesbian. What a shallow unisexual world you must see through your own dark little eye, 'dr heckle'. PS. Peps - thanks. It is a horny image, I can see why some sad old troll is getting off on it...
Topic locked