RE: In Another Dimension - By Ian Paul Lambert

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
RE: In Another Dimension - By Ian Paul Lambert

Topic posted in response to In Another Dimension - By Ian Paul Lambert : http://www.abctales.com/story/hs4b/another-dimension-ian-paul-lambert

I would be very grateful for any feedback relating to this story. It is not the finished article but a start to the book I would love to write. I haven't the confidence to show it to anyone that I know and feel if I could get some honest feedback, even if it is to say its crap and my idea is crap, that's ok, I can deal with that and move on. I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to going to people I know, besides which a stranger will be non judgemental on anything but the story idea.

I hope I have done this right and will honestly appreciate any feedback. I tend to write as I think/speak. Thank you kindly

Ian

Ian, the unspoken site etiquette is to read and comment on the work of others, and thus (hopefully) others will do likewise - you won't attract much response by posting it in the forums. However, seeing as you didn't know that I will give it a read and tell you what I think. At a glance it's very long indeed, which is very off-putting - the best thing to do is post it in more digestible chunks.
That's very kind. I posted it in the forum as I just followed the prompts. Thank you kindly for the advice.

Debt doesn't discriminate, only people discriminate (Ian Lambert 2009)

Ian, your basic story so far is sound, but after your character's outburst in the bank the introduction and early chapters are very long winded and you've included too many details that are not essential to the story. People want to know why this man kills people, not every intimate detail of his background! You need to edit this heavily, polish the plot and work on your writing, which is promising (or I wouldn't have bothered commenting) but a bit clumsy in places. Writing is hard work - the first draft often comes easy, but it takes blood, sweat and tears to make something readable. Don't worry about it, just do it - the desired results will come in time, given sufficient determination. Good luck, I look forward to reading your future efforts. There are a lot of helpful folk on this site, if you comment on some of the stuff you like you'll find many are more than willing to help.
Thats very kind of you Walrus, a much better comment than I expected. I will take all of your advice on board, thank you.

Debt doesn't discriminate, only people discriminate (Ian Lambert 2009)