John Lee Hooker

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
John Lee Hooker

I saw on the Beeb news today that John Lee Hooker has died.

Ok, so he was in his 80s and, it could be argued, he'd had...um...a bloody good innings (chaps).

He gave (can you believe it?) a perfomance last weekend - a trouper to the end.

Nevertheless, he was a great blues man, and an inspiration to the likes of Korner, Clapton and Mayall.

Bless him, I say...

fergus
Anonymous's picture
I saw BB KING last night in an open air gig in Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh. He's 75 and played the gig sitting down. He was truly great. He didn't mention JLH, that I know of - but maybe did in his own way. There was a huge firework display at the end with Edinburgh Castle as the awe-inspiring backdrop. The whole thing was overwhelming and I admit to shedding tears behind my shades. Wow.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
I was talking to MLB about this this morning..we were wondering if we'll see the likes of the Spice Girls still giving concerts in their 80's...... Ugh. Horrid thought actually. Brrr.
stormy
Anonymous's picture
bugger didn't know that. great artist. makes you feel old when people like this start to pop there clogs dunnit. (no pun intended andrea)
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
I very much doubt it, Liana - JLH was a musician. Furthemore (sorry, Mandy), he bled.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Too right Andrea....
spag man
Anonymous's picture
If any of you Brits are interested, a John Lee Hooker concert will be on tonight at 22:50. I'll be watching, so you can dream of watching it along with me.
sigh
Anonymous's picture
BBC 2 btw
microchrist
Anonymous's picture
JLH dead? I got the blues now...
spaghetti sigh
Anonymous's picture
I got no rhythm just blues
Topic locked