stephen_d

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
stephen_d

Sorry for two posts in the one day but i was thinking ! Do prisons work ? are they working ? In a way i think they do and others, don't. As an exoffender i have a bit of insight. I'm not proud of the fact but neither do i view it as a disability. I think if someone is caught up in addiction and there crime is monetary then sometimes prison is the best thing, all be it a short sentence.

From my own experience being sent to prison at times may have been lifesaving. Maybe more education and training for prisoners would help in the longterm. I have no real complaints about the times i was incararated. It must be difficlut being a prisoner and a prison officer, that's my general outlook on it. It's a big topic up here just now. The local gov are talking about quartering sentences for petty offenders and making things more community orientated. Who knows ? Does prison make you hard ? No, i don't think so. I think it makes you humble to all the suffering around, maybe i'm wrong. But anyway

Smiley
Anonymous's picture
[%sig%]
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Stephy, prisons do work on some levels, not least by saving the rest of us from the existence of the worst of the rest. I'm sure it helps some but has a very bad effect on others, some of which is displayed on this forum. The only prisons I've ever seen the inside of are Bodmin Gaol, long since disused and now a museum and likewise Alcatraz, three weeks ago.
dragonflyt
Anonymous's picture
Dear Jasper, I've never seen a prison. I had to think about my response for a while. You weren't in prison, you were in a torture chamber. You should be angry. Those people got their jollies by inflicting pain. Beating isn't reforming! People choose their own prisons in life; responsibilities you choose like marriage, children or a job. At least they're choices. Marriages you work on, children you raise, and a job you can change. Beatings are not chosen! The prison you were in was not designed to help you at all! I guess for a prison to really work you need officials to watch the officials to watch the wardens to watch the prison guards to watch the prisoners. The prisoners need more that one direct link to the outside world to voice issues. Links should be available to the media, church representatives, and organizations. I think most people can't identify with the reality of prison abuse.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Stephy, prisons do work on some levels, not least by saving the rest of us from the existence of the worst of the rest. I'm sure it helps some but has a very bad effect on others, some of which is displayed on this forum. The only prisons I've ever seen the inside of are Bodmin Gaol, long since disused and now a museum and likewise Alcatraz, three weeks ago.
faithless
Anonymous's picture
jasper. ain't it funny how if somebody here has a $hit, you've always had a bigger one, or two, and you were always some kind of heroic figure in the process. you've been in the worst jails. you've driven an xs3000 so fast the coppers couldn't catch you. you've had women of exquisite depth and beauty, every bleedin' time you've got to dribble out some watery slobbery tale of just how accomplished and experienced you are in every facet of life. just where do these fantasies lead? lying to people you despise in a website forum. how thin and bleak your life must be to end up so far from anything resembling grace or pride. give it a rest, there's a good chap.
Topic locked