PLEASE!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
PLEASE!

Will anybody please give me feedback on my stories? Football Daze is my first one!

I just want feedback on how I do. Sorry for being so whiny if I was, Nikaya999. I know that people are at least reading my works of art, and I know that that was the only thing that matters. So, like I said, sorry for being whiny

Tyler King

Tyler, I read a couple of your stories...You're doing the basics okay. You'll probably find a difficult audience here, as you write from the perspective of an American teenager in High School, and well, it's not going to be very identifiable for many Brits. I would recommend the following for starters... Loose the teen-talk as much as possible. Keep the colloquialism to a minimum and use it only in dialog, which you don't use much of incidently. ...Second point...use more dialog. Your stories read like high school papers for a class assignment. You'd probably get an A. Write bigger fiction. Make something up. Use a real life thing, something funny, profound, what-ever...define a couple of characters (everything about them) and write a story and make it believable. Nobody's interested in your biography yet, you'll have to be a bit more famous before I'd venture there again. But...use your life as material for something bigger than life. Lastly...watch for unnecessary verbs, adverbs and adjectives. Take every sentence and look for words that aren't needed to convey the message. Got is a good one, climbed up, sat down...Up Down, get rid of them....things like that...redundant. Drop me a line via e-mail, I'm not hard to find. I know where you're coming from, and wouldn't mind helping you a little bit. It's not a bug...it's a feature.

It's not a bug...it's a feature.

Thanks for the advice & compliment. I have one question, though: Who or what are TC and MB?

Tyler King

It was not your fault. I read my forums and I thought that I was being whiny

Tyler King

TC and MB are me and Mark Brown who are the main Editors here! I like your writing Tyler - just keep doing it - more and more and more. I'm not sure what you mean RD - please fill out your suggestion.
It's not a bug...it's a tagline

It's not a bug...it's a feature.

Topic locked