I can't think of anything

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I can't think of anything

Hey I have to write a short story about some sort of rivalry... but I can't think of anything that hasn't been done before... anyhave any cool ideas?????

Everything has been done before so don't worry. The originality is in the writing of the same old thing. Think of 2 letters from the alphabet, think of 2 names for people with those intials. O.K. they're after the same job, they're after the same woman/man, racing one another. Now go!

hey styxbroox.... thnx so much for your advice!!!
Let me know how you get on ellabellabrown. I was drawn to not what you said but your name on this site. My ex-step-daughter is called Cara Mia Gabriella Vella. I start off writing with what's going on in the news and because it's my instinct, I tend to put a humorous slant on it. But a writing tutor of mine said that if you can't write anything - write a diary. I hope that's of some help. Maybe joining a creative writing group? There's nothing like getting the creative juices going than a tutor saying that they want an A4 sheet of material from you next week. It's also great practise for when an editor wants 2,000 words by next week. It really is just practise.

Topic locked