self publishing

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
self publishing

Anyone done recently. I met a female in glasgow just before xmas and she was selling her self published book on the street. She told me she ahd sold 800 copies in two months, earning five pound on each one

anyone

How much was she selling them for to earn £5 a copy? Any time I've looked into self publishing, it's been so expensive, it's almost not worth it.
You need to look further Lisa. There is a self piblisher in the Brighton area called digory press i think. Try and find them . A £30 set up charge and 2 pound per book there after. She was selling them for a tenner. I thought she was kidding on but i went back to see her later on that day and brought her some chips 'been the loving soul i am' and she had virtually no books left yet earlier i had seen her with about 20. And she told me she had sold 15 since i had been gone. It is a route i am taken if i get knock backs from publishers. You just need to be willing to be outgoing of course. Really get out and talk to people. She had her photo on the back of her book, which is quite impressive isn't it. It is too me anyway. I think if you get the book ready for the right time of the year. It can be all go. regards

stephen

I haven't looked too seriously as I'm not really of the calibre to be published yet. I have lots of good ideas, and I'm on a writing class right now, so maybe one day, especially if what you say is true. I would more that happily hang out on the streets of Reading selling my books, get myself a spot next to one of those roving bands, and catch the folks in a good mood. So are you going to self publish?
Just read your profile, good luck with the novel and all the etc...
I just googled diggory for a further look and i see it is listed under some searches as christian book publisher ???? It certainly does not say this on there site. I am humanist so i wonder if this discounts me from working with them. I hope not as i have a lot of morals and values in my beliefs. Infact im sure if good ol j was alive he would say hey you guys publish stephens work.. *one can only summarise*

stephen

lisa are you the revamped liana ?

stephen

And I'm sure he'd send an agent my way, and have a publisher on standby for me with a £20,000 advance for me. Tomorrow. :)
noh maybe not. Lisa you have a writers name i think. Best seller lisa Hinsley takes book awards by storm but walks out of awards in dignity shouting that she would rather be selling her books on the streets ? 'with stephen_d, WHO ? uch that writer fae glesgae 'the city of firendly people, *ducks out of the way of brick*... yawns its such tarry night up here in glesgae, the clouds are lorn and the rain drips tepidly drip drip drop

stephen

lisa hinsley is a nothern name is it not lisa. Maybe we could start northern collective of self publishers or soemink interesting, maybe we could work on a story together at some point *sighs warmly and pulls the wooly rug sheepishly in to the front room*

stephen

;)

stephen

Erm i was juts thinking cancel all the last comments if your under 21 or male ;(

stephen

I originate many years ago from your neck of the woods, so we could simply throw the accent on so thick that they'd never know what we said anyway! As Stevie D you could be the DJ guy who stands beside me pleasing the crowd with dulcet tones?
Uhhh missed a bunch of comments as I was busy and walked away in the middle of my post - enough room on that rug for my three under 13's and hubbie? Pesky - huh?
Oh, now I've seen the Liana comment. Pesky, am I that bad? (Or did I misunderstand the giggle?)
Okay, have to admit I was a wee bit confused with the whole Liana thing. Now that on a seperate thread I have connected Pesky to Liana I have understanding. I will consign myself to the stupid room. *runs off*
Topic locked