Children of Men

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Children of Men

I'm currently reading the novel and await the film on christmas eve. Probably one film I really look forward to. I understand it came out in the UK theaters a while ago, has anyone read the novel or seen the film yet? Were they any good?

I liked the film a lot, especially the evil crusties. I read the novel years ago and was telling a friend about it in the pub before the movie, only I couldn't remember who wrote it, or what the title was, or very much of what happened. Imagine my surprise when I saw it in the credits at the end of the film and suddenly remembered.

Don't know nowt about it, but it looks dead intriguing, so it does. What's it all about then? ~PEPS~ You can’t finish a man till he’s finished his Texan Bar

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

well Pepsoid, the movie is changed alot from the novel but overall, in the novel it's 2026 and since 1995 no new children have been born, all males are infertile. The story centers around a man named Theo (much younger in movie) who is confronted by a small organization who wish him to speak out against the condition of modern london. I don't know about the rest so far but from the movie it looks like they find a woman who is pregnant and take it on themselves to move her to a boat which will take her to the Humain Project, which will work to restart the society.

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

Oh... hence... Children of Men...! So it's a sci-fi then... [ thank you, Mr Pyro... ;-) ] ~PEPS~ You can’t finish a man till he’s finished his Texan Bar

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

Topic locked