Cherry Picking

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cherry Picking

Who decides what gets cherry picked and what doesn't? Are they read before or randomly chosen or are they scanned by a computer for something that makes an entry better than others? Anyone with any ideas on this process speak up!

Thank you.

Everything is read and cherries are a subjective choice made by an editor.
Yeah i thought that, but the emails don't seem to agree, 'From: admin@abctales.com on behalf of ABCtales.com Cherrypicking Robot (NoReply@abctales.com) ' Also, recently i posted a story of roughly 2000 words and within about five minutes of posting it i received an email saying it had been cherrypicked =/. Makes it a little questionable.

Hi Lynze. It's not automated. The Robot refers to the email notification system - i.e. when an Ed marks a piece as cherry picked, the email is sent automatically. That your piece was picked so quickly must have been coincidence - an Ed would have been going through the 'un-read' pile when yours was posted. I'd take it as a compliment - the quality must have been obvious by a skim read alone. There is more than one Ed and they are real people. All pieces are read - not just to cherry pick but to check content for legal reasons. Lou ~ www.fabulousmother.co.uk
Hmm, i suppose that makes sense then. Still five minutes-ish, but iffy, but i'll take your word for it :) Thanks x

Don't feel that you have to read mine; just gimme the cherry ;) I won't argue! Chris ;)
lol

.*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*)¸.•*..
¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)*•.

Topic locked