DEBATE: James Bond Novels

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
DEBATE: James Bond Novels

What do you think of Ian Fleming 'James Bond' novels? I think the earlier ones are really good but the later ones arn't quite so good.

I like all the movies :D also the latest even though they are a bit violent.
James Bond is the mythical hero; armed with magical weapons by Q and sent on a quest to some strange foreign land. I like mythical heroes. James Bond is also an icon of male glamour; just as Sherlock Holmes is an icon of the power of the intellect. I love iconic things. Daniel Craig stinks though. Daniel Craig is a great big lump of wood. Okay for action scenes but without any of the charm or charisma needed for Bond. Clive Owen should have played Bond after Pierce Brosnan, he would have been my choice. My favourite Bond movie is "Live And Let Die", its got it all; voodoo villains, tarot reading virgin love interest, scarecrow cameras, running over crocodiles; blaxploitation meets superhonky James Bond; speed boat chases,people inflating until they explode plus one of the best James Bond themes ever.
My wife is a big fan of the books but I can't recall having ever read a single one. I do like the movies however and, conversely to well-wisher, think Daniel Craig makes a great Bond. My favourite is "Live And Let Die' too - has the best theme song!

Topic locked