Help with formatting

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Help with formatting

I am trying to post a 'visual poetry' piece  for the Poetry Monthly.
When pasting from Word I lose the original format. Am told that the editor cannot access my clipboard because of security settings. I have enabled access  but the format is still lost.
It doesn't look as if I can change fonts and colours through the ABC toolbar. Can anyone help? Thank you.
I have Windows 7 and my browser is Firefox.

Hi Luigi, I tend to copy and paste everything from Notepad Editor straight in to the white box on here and it retains its format.You could try that if haven't already.  I can't help with the ABC toolbar unfortunately because I rarely use it. Can anybody else advise Luigi? Thanks in advance - I am not very tech orientated.

Thanks Ray. I looked up the CK editor guide and found that some function like fonts and colours are not on the ABC toolbar so if no one comes up with a solution I'll have to do the best with what I got.

Luigi x

I'm still investigating, Luigi, having not needed to investigate these things on here yet. May try to enquire of my husband at some stage, but I did try the 'paste' facility today and found an image I created in Corel Draw which I use a lot for graphic work did paste if I did control c on the image and control v in the paste box. My husband uses Indesign and wants to get me using that for graphic aswell as text. Oh, he's just mentioned if you can make a pdf or a jpg of your image in Word, you might be able to paste that.
Rhiannon

Thanks for the advice Rhiannon. I have only basic software and am not all that technical. I thought that allowing the editor to access my clipboard was all that was needed. The pdf solution occurred to me but I didn't put it into practice and I don't know how to make a jpg file from a Word document (scanning it perhaps?).
I stopped searching now and posted an alternative format.

Hi, Luigi. I'm not sure yet what you mean by allowing the editor access to your clipboard, havent investigated enough, but my husband has looked and says he doesn't think you can directly save an image or text in Word as a jpg, but you can as a pdf if that's any help, or, if you have photoshop, a pdf can then be saved as a jpg if it's needed! Going to check out your post anyway! Rhiannon

Cheers Rhiannon. smiley

I don't know if it's the same problem i had a while back but my stuff was coming out in a jumble.  Someone on here kindly suggested to paste in plain text and it worked for me.  Hope this helps and have a good Christmas.

Moya x

Thanks Moya, I too now paste in plain text and it works fine.
My best wishes for a good Christmas.

Luigi x