Give 'em a sporting chance...

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Give 'em a sporting chance...

Hi guys,

A while ago I asked if anyone fancied donating a poem to the Youth Sports UK charity. All proceeds from the sale of the resulting book will go to these guys who, sadly, didn't get the lottery funding they wanted, and might have to close their doors.

Youth Sports UK are a Bristol based charity dedicated to providing up-and-coming sport stars of the future with safe, affordable and high quality training facilities and guidance. Additionally, child protection is now a high priority within the sporting community and Youth Sports are heavily involved in providing guidance and training to those involved in coaching children.

Anyway I've had an email from Ant'ny (Bluechrome Publishing) saying he's delighted with the Sporting Chance response, but he needs MORE POEMS! So I've put the cover of the book on the UKA front page, with a link through to the page on which you have to donate your poem ().

It doesn't matter if you've already submitted something - it just means that you'll be published in the same book more than once :-)

The deadline for submissions is 14th Nov, 'cos he wants to get the book out by Christmas.

So if you'd be so kind as to scribble and submit a few 'undred more verses, both Ant'ny and I would be MOST grateful. Consider it your good deed for the year of which, luckily, there isn't much left.

Ta.

(to submit your poem)

for more info and book cover image

[%sig%]

justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
I sent one last night.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Thanks JT :-)
shackleton
Anonymous's picture
Hi Andrea. Although I inflict my poetry on a couple of internet poetry boards, I've never quite got round to the possibility of getting any in print (as in old-fashioned boookform). I've written about a hundred so far - some good, some bad and some downright ugly. I've got a little spare time over the next couple of days and so I'll see if I can round up a reasonable one for you. Bye now. What date is it today? I think it's the 10th - only a couple of days to go. What planet is this? Earth I think - now where are those blooming poems?
fish
Anonymous's picture
i sent one
andrew o'donnell
Anonymous's picture
Wrote one last night. Deadline's Friday yeah? Just need to get a disk to a drive that is connected to the net.. sounds easy but.. [%sig%]
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Awwww, thanks guys :-)
Topic locked