"Cousins"

91 posts / 0 new
Last post
"Cousins"

I saw 'Troy' last night, and was highly amused that Patroclas, Achilles' lover, had been slyly transformed into his "cousin". Obviously not the biggest change/mistake within the movie, but a significant one that ruined a vast part of the story (it makes more sense for Achilles to challenge Hector over his lover rather than his "cousin". The relationship was bland, otherwise, and the strength of Achilles' feelings at Patroclas' death was unfitting)

Was this because the makers of the film thought that modern audiences would not be able to deal with a homosexual relationship? The film is a 15, it wouldn't make it less accessible.

Or was it because Brad didn't want to risk his reputation?

It was hilarious: especially since they made such a big deal of it "He killed your cousin, so now you have killed mine.." yadda yadda.

Anyone else find this funny? *hums, twiddles thumbs*

I won't go into the other glaringly awful things they did to the story (sure, the war was only 16 DAYS LONG! Time flies when you're having fighting fun) and the characters they missed out (Cassandra, Hecabe, where were they?)

Awful film, plus it's put me off Orlando Bloom forever. I could just about deal with him until last night. *sulks*

Felicity
Anonymous's picture
Well, at least you're not faceless.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Would you make a small detour and do Manchester while you're at it, Colin?
Sara
Anonymous's picture
Nice. So, because you don't know me, and I'm not a part of this clique, I'm "faceless" "a cow" "a moose" "a chicken"? Are you always this nasty when someone asks you to do something you'd rather not do? If you want to resort to personal insults, then bring it on.
Emma
Anonymous's picture
I have e-mailed you, Phin.
Emma
Anonymous's picture
You're welcome to become part of the 'clique', Sara, it's simply that self-appointed forum moderators who have never been seen to participate regularly in the site's community and still don't participate in the thread constructively, when people have done as you asked and moved their 'wittering' elsewhere, are not seen as particularly friendly. People on these forums have built relationships up over a long time - I am a relative newbie, actually, but you have been the rudest person I have come across so far, with a very strange sense of importance and authority... No one knew who the hell I was a few months ago, but I didn't barge into someone else's conversation when I first arrived and tell them to go elsewhere. Would you like to tell us something more about yourself other than that you like stirring up forums for fun? You asked for the labels...but you're free to prove that they don't stick if you like...I'm listening.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Shut UP Flashy, I'm pondering Emma's 'D' cups.
Sara
Anonymous's picture
Do you sit here watching on these forums twenty four hours a day? If anyone's a self appointed moderator, it's you with your inflated ego and your endless postings. Go fetch yourself a life you loser.
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
Cooooo eeeeeeeeeee....... Deckchair attendant......... Can you unlock the shed please?
Emma
Anonymous's picture
Oh, careful, Missi - their Felicity's, not mine...and are only the stuff of fantasy... I am more disappointing in that department - though hubby would disagree.
Emma
Anonymous's picture
So you're having trouble proving it then? I've already had a long and intensely interesting life, Sara, and intend to continue in the same vein. If you've been around to see how much I post on the forums, then you obviously do the same amount of clicking yourself...you know nothing about me and hopefully never shall. Come on then, tell me how interesting your life is...and how modest you are.
Emma
Anonymous's picture
Damn it - I hate it when I do a wrong 'they're'. I blame it on my crap education. Don't worry Sara...I'm not about to...
Flash
Anonymous's picture
I wonder if she has a webcam page.
stormy
Anonymous's picture
OK. I'll try and avoid the UN zone around Neil-the-hoarditer Actually, do they have carpets in Manchester yet?
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Disappointing? I'm very easily pleased.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
*brings in a box of jaffa cakes*
Emma
Anonymous's picture
hehehe naughty web cam, moi? In your dreams... ...at least that's what I keep telling those who beg me for web cam games, lol. Felicity - well, she can, and has been quite a naughty girl, but she'll never, ever tell...
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
*steals flashy's jaffa cake while he's taking a closer look at the action*
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Dont feed the troll any of those jaffa's flash.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
Psssst Rachel i've been her just over a year but never understood this Jaffa cake ritual.....why jaffa cakes and not fresh cream eclairs, i only ask cos i don't like jaffa cakes. *Hands Rachey a packet *
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
Not a clue about the Jaffas Flash. We could have eclairs if you want. Do you have any?
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Only in the tasty discos.
Emma
Anonymous's picture
As you see, Sara, the forums stick faithfully to the header topic. hehehe
Emma
Anonymous's picture
Fish, can you close the curtains, please? Purple, we need a scene change. Flashy - do the bit in front of the curtains for a while, will you, while I change costumes. Missi - ready with the signing for the deaf? Rachel and Vicky - get your can-can gear on. O.K. Fish I'm all changed....
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Would you please not refer to your other half as your 'hubby'? That word drives me nuts.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
I've got a fresh cream Victoria Sponge cake downstairs.......fancy a wedge.
Jeff Prince
Anonymous's picture
Does anyone fancy a game of Monopoly? I've got Special Edition Crossroads one.
Felicity
Anonymous's picture
*comes on with can-can girls, dressed in drag* 'Hellooooo ladies and gentlemen, tonight is going to be a very special night.'
Sara
Anonymous's picture
I don't mind things not sticking to thread topic. I just couldn't bear anymore tittering about Miss Lydia and Mr Derek. Sounds like bloody Playaway. Swerve away from the thread topic all you like, just not everysinglebloodytime to the same old boring thing.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
'I'll have you turned into burgers, MISSI.' That's an awful lot of burgers Emma. 'Are you suggesting I'm a cow?' Well i always thought you were a Camel, because you've always got the HUMP. hahahahahahehehehehehohohohohoho
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
I agree with Sara. You ARE rather a trappy girl for a dwarf anyway. Yes , I've been informed.
narcissa
Anonymous's picture
Ach, please, I was trying to lighten the mood. Don't take everything so personally, it's not all about you you you. Sheesh. Just give it a rest, that goes for all of you. It's fair enough to ask POLITELY that emma and I not discuss our own topic, albeit mainly on a thread I started. I get that, and I respect it. So just stop it, everyone. Please. Or I may have to get out my snicker-snee *waves snicker-snee menacingly* now stop posting, get it? I started this thread and now I'm going to finish it. And don't bother answering, Sara, I'm not going to read the reply. I'm not coming back to this thread. Ever. So go away, everyone. Not interested unless you're talking about Troy. *blows raspberry*
narcissa
Anonymous's picture
hmm, just slyly contradicted myself *sneaky look* *cough*
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
If you're not coming back to this thread it doesn't matter whether anyone goes away or not, does it? Emma sweetie, I have trubble signing my name let alone the deaf. The jaffa cake thing is a ritual buried in old ABC folklore, those that are comparatively new here wouldn't have been in on it's genesis. Basically, whenever there's a fight going on the on-lookers traditionally pull up a deck chair and consume Jaffa cakes. In the very early days sleeping bags and naked steaming bodies were also a part of the entertainment. I mourn the passing of that era with every new and boring thread.
narcissa
Anonymous's picture
...yes, that was the contradiction... thank you SO much for pointing it out... lol
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
jesus! That didn't take long, I didn't realise that 'ever' was such a short time. (I didn't see your admission of self-contradiction until after I posted, Narcty)
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
*unzips sleeping bag*
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
*prepares naked steaming body*
Flash
Anonymous's picture
I've noticed that a lot of the girls on ABC are behaving in very tetchy manner........something has stirred them up?
neil_the_auditor
Anonymous's picture
Good innit? Much better than the usual masculine spats!
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
It's either Missi's naked body or the fact that we all spend so much time on here that we have coordinated PMT.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Must be the PMT then, my naked body never got any kind of reaction. Well, except for a few upset stomachs.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
And a few laughs.
Emma
Anonymous's picture
Talking of PMT, don't you think Sian Lloyd behaves as though she's always suppressing raging PMT symptoms?
Emma
Anonymous's picture
<> What, like three times in the last two weeks? We've made a surprise contact, and we couldn't care less what a faceless cow says about our conversations. You obviously feel jealous at not being part of it. Unhappy at school were you? We are perfectly aware that this issue is of no consequence to anyone else on the forums, but then, so are many two way conversations around here. This is a community built around writing...get it...a community...we chat about all sorts, whatever we want...and you, fortunately, have no say so in who participates in the forums, whether you consider them boring or not.
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
Dunno about PMT but she looks like she needs a good face wash and a speed injection a lot of the time. Probably just needs a good seeing to and I don't really see Limpet Opek being up to the job.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
Flashy, you're beginning to piss me off.
Flash
Anonymous's picture
*Gulps*I'll stop now then and be good........well i will try.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
OOO! Your err.. other half doesn't get you to write his sermons does he? I can just see him on a Sunday morning reading for the Gospel according to St. Emma. Calm down Emma, you have to have dispensation to lose the plot on here ya know.
Sara
Anonymous's picture
Don't burst a vessel dear. I was perfectly happy at school thanks for asking. I just don't feel the need to witter on about it endlessly.
Faceless Cow
Anonymous's picture
Nice "community" by the way. Are you always so cliquey?

Pages

Topic locked