Painfully Predictable Thread - "Resolutions"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Painfully Predictable Thread - "Resolutions"

Has anyone got any not painfully predictable resolutions? Ones that don't involve food, fags, booze, shooting the neighbours' cat or cow-dung fetish?

I for one have firmly resolved never to have a son called Erskine.

You should be OK so long as you avoid wedding a Scot, Jude. http://www.erskinclan.com/
happy new year jude and everyone ... my year so far has been jolly fun ... my resolution this year is to mobilize all my joints before they seize up and i become like mr. tumnus in more ways than one ... so i will be buying a swimming ticket at the baths ... brrrrrrrrrrrrr ... all those floating plasters and germs ... oh mr. tumnus .... mmmmmm ... i love him ...
I have a similar resolution Fish... but since I prefer to swim in the sea it involves a lot of holidays or a rubber suit. My resolution is to swim in as many different seas as possible and maybe the odd ocean.
I resolve not to be such a schmuck when it comes to judging people's characters so I don't have to spend any more of my time apologising for somebody else's behaviour. I also resolve to go to the gym more. I mean at all. Otherwise David's going to cancel our membership - and I'm really fond of that little swipey card thing that apparently gets you in.
Hmm, don't smoke but drink too much but not bothered about that. Lost half a stone over Christmas and go to gym nearly every day so don't need to worry about that... Possibly get back into writing; haven't done any for 4 or 5 months and got a whole manuscript I have to edit and send back. Strangely I can't be bothered. My resolution is gain control of my mind, perhaps, perhaps....

to not make any more resolutions, I never keep them anyway
Skipping.... It was a school craze towards the end of last term and my girls brought it home. Thankfully, as having given up on most forms of exercise, I was beginning to get worried... It is much more fun than jogging or gymns and quite addictive too... I can already feel my butt and calves tightening as of old. You can get some cheap adult sporty ones at Sainsbury's at the moment on sale at £2-3.00 For children, you can get PERSONALISED ones from one of the Stalls at Craft Market Corner, at £2.95 including Postage! Ridiculous I know, things must be pretty cheap in Wales: http://www.craftmarketcorner.co.uk/product_info.php?pName=wooden-skippin... (In case you are wondering, yes I will make about 20p per sale, which I am sure you won't begrudge me or if you insist I can donate to ABC)
Topic locked