fitbafiction

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
fitbafiction

I just wanted to flag up Old Pesky's new venture fitbafiction which is a website/blog dedicated to writing about the beautiful game. It's in its early stages but looks like it could really take off and is well worth a visit. I believe he is also looking for football related submissions as well, so if you have anything you think might fit the bill, pop over and see. Here's an intro from the site:

About fitbafiction

The goal of this blog is to create a collection of football-related stories and poems. These pieces may be completely fictional or based on real events with a healthy dollop of creativity to embellish and entertain.The connection to football may be one sentence or a couple of thousand words. Although the main focus will be on Scottish football there will also be guest posts from writers who write about the English or International game.

The blog will not attempt to compete or replace existing football sites or forums, of which there are many outstanding examples. Its goal is to provide a platform for writers to post creative pieces.

Each piece will be introduced by myself or the author and provide a little background about the inspiration behind it.

http://fitbafiction.wordpress.com/

Here's my Ugly 11 in a 442 stan Banks Stiles Puyol Stam Irwin Whiteside Scholes Le Tissier Ronaldinho Tevez Beardsley Beardsley as captain

Actually that's some team, although i'm not sure who would do the tackling in the middle of the park, but they would lose beautifully with Le Tiss/Ronaldinho in the team.

fatboy, in your quest for the most skillful ugly 11 in the world, you seem to have totally overlooked messrs Chadwick (Luke) and Kuyt! Is it about the football, or is it about the ugly?!
I might try and write something football related Stan, I'm find it strange that my two favourite things haven't collided more often before.

Why are all these ugly players mostly from Utd Steve? With Chadwick that's 6 and I'm not mentioning Phil Neville/Nicky Butt/Joe Jordon/Gordon Macqueen/Phil Jones etc. I guess in the end i found it easier to pick ugly players if they played a pretty game.

I think in the early days, when there was no money in football, a team full of troglodites could at least concentrate on the football instead of the ladies. My grandad spent a year on the books at Wolves almost exclusively because of his massive ears (yes he passed them to me). Nowadays the lines are blurred; 'oooooh he's got money... but he's so ugly... but he's got money...' so perhaps Fergie's method of signing ooglies is a little outdated. Interviewer: 'What would you be if you weren't a professional footballer?' Peter Crouch: 'A virgin'. I think that says it all really!
Ha ha very good steve I like that - though to be fair to crouchy there was always Basketball. There's nothing wrong with massive ears anyway, just get some gaffer tape. In the newsreels everyone has massive ears.