Why Does Controversy Sell?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Why Does Controversy Sell?

Why are readers addicted to controversey? What is so appealing in the insideous world of over-the-top drugs, sex, and violence at the core of past and recent creative works? Human beings, in my opinion, crave controversey since it is a representation of a darker part of the human psyche we all share in one form or another. Who has not fantasized about taking somone you loath back in time to the Colesseum in Rome to fight it out to the death? Who has not imagined what that geeky girl at work would look like with a BDSM outfit and a whip to go with it? Controversey is the black heart that pumps excitement, curiosity, and unabashed visions of things we would like to see in this world but are too mirally corrupt to actually be accepted as commonplace amongst society; a yearning to jump over to the other side of the fence. The essence of controversey is imbeded within each and everyone of us from our little white lies to our wildest, horrific fanrasies that we long to see played out but too far gone to actually manifest. When writing controversial subject matter always reflect on what this world hides from you. What this dismal planet frowns upon for any reason outside the bounds of morality and collective thought. Ultimately, never forget the consequences of how it effects society as a whole and what society does to keep it from seeing the light of day. Controversey is that one small voice crying out to be heard in all of its twisted glory. At the ready to give its readers a ride through hell they can never forget. So, what is controversey to you and what are some of the most appaling, morally incorrect thoughts or actions that spark your distaste? The answers will never stop surprising you, and thats why I think controversey always sells.

Controversy sells because most people are bored shitless of their lives and are drawn to the problems of others as relief from the constant ennui of their unextraordinary lives.

Now I feel depressed about my life. Anyone got any controversy to cheer me up?
Converse with yourself Foots. You know it makes sense. http://www.ukauthors.com