Homecoming!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Homecoming!

Well, homecoming was awesome, mainly since I was named junior duke (basically junior king). really hard to believe I know.

come on people share ur homecoming/high school experience. any prom king/queen or homekoming king/queens out there?

I can't recall being named anything except possibly "arsehole", amongst other things scrawled on the back of my school shirt. When the power of love overcomes the love of power, we'll find peace. - Jimi Hendrix

~It's a maze for rats to try, it's a race for rats to die.~

Strange concept for us Brits, this whole "homecoming/prom kings/queens" palaver... Care to expand on your experiences of such, Mike? pe ps oid What is "the art of tea"? And what does an "odd courgette" look like?

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

I didn't come home till very late last night. It was great, but mainly because I was very tired and could finally go to bed.

It is beginning to happen in our schools as they copy our American cousins - they now have 'proms' but I don't believe there is anything like a king or queen (anyone voted as such would get their heads kicked in - and it would seem that we have a Queen already - and here in Brighton a great many of them.) I'm not sure that we compete in the popularity thing in the same way. I hope not at least. But well done mike on your accession to royalty and lang may yer lumbs reek.
ah forgot ya'll don't have it! it's basically the first game we have at our own highschool, big party, dance, cellebration games, and a couple is voted on for each grade (freshman-senior) and they have a announcement of winners later. Winners ride in cars during the parade, are crowned before the game starts at the football field, and they have a private dance and all that. very fun, def a high point of my highschool life.

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

Topic locked