ABCtales Magazine Issue # 11

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ABCtales Magazine Issue # 11

The November issue of ABCtales Magazine is now available as a free download, featuring the best in new writing from ABCtales.com this Autumn.

http://www.etribes.com/abctalesmag

Contributors are Kelvin Doyle, Andrea Tallarita, Patrick P Astre, Rebecca Hainsworth, Simon Locke, Tim Smillie, Clive Jackaman, Christine Clatworthy, Ewan Lawrie, CharlaX, Nicola West, John Osborne, Stefano Olaf, Barry Foster, Paul Jennings, No One, Domino Woodstock, Edward Mooney and Donna Carter.

You are welcome to print and distribute as many copies as you wish. But mainly: read and enjoy!

The Editor is pleased to receive your feedback and is always open to direct submissions, nominations, or suggestions for content in 2009.

As you may be aware, the current Editor has given up on his own writing. As a side effect of this, he is not particularly interested in other people's writing either. This is, of course, not a reassuring quality for someone in an editorial role. Therefore, is there anyone willing to volunteer for one or more of the following: 1: To take over the Magazine completely as a brand new Editor. 2: To join the Magazine as an Assistant Editor, to work in partnership with the current Editor in all areas of production. 3: To join the Magazine as a Sub Editor, taking over responsibility for one particular area. E.g. prose, poetry, features, design, DTP, publicity. 4: To take over the Magazine for one issue only, as a Guest Editor. To volunteer, please reply directly via the ABCtalesMag contact tab. If you wish to debate the future of the Magazine in more general terms, then by all means add your views to this thread.
First of all, I am very sad that John feels unable to continue. Secondly, I would comment that, perhaps, the way ahead for the magazine would be the Guest Editor option, in as much as this would at least give people an insight into the complexities of the job and, thereby, an appreciation of how difficult it is to satisfy 'all of the people, all of the time'. That said, being currently in the throes of a creative writing course, I would be unable to volunteer as a Guest Editor until the middle of next year, should I even be thought suitable for the job. I urge everyone to consider John's post very carefully and post their views on the way ahead. I, for one, think it would be very sad if the Magazine perished on the vine.
Topic locked