The Federer Express

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Federer Express

Is Federer back to his best? He's so fluid it's like watching oil play tennis.

He loves Wimbledon, loves grass and loves adulation and although I greatly admire his tennis I prefer watching Nadal.....but that's just me. It wouldn't surprise me if FedEx takes the title though as somehow he seems to stay in tip-top condition and relatively niggle-free.
Just noticed you FedEx comment. This is a national parcels delivery service and whatever else you have to say, Federer delivers!
He certainly loves the adulation. I may be doing him a disservice but I really can't stand him. Great player but one I love to see lose, whereas Nadal, Djokovic and Murray I would always be happy to see win. Tennis with a personality rather than Robo-Federer and his smug smile and range of poncey clothes. Maybe I'm just too judgemental...?
Glad you said that Alex - I was trying not to be over-critical but if I'm honest I feel the same! The other thing that annoys me is the way all the commentators and journalists `fawn' over him. He has been incredibly fortunate throughout his career to stay so injury-free (though the aforesaid bunch will argue it's because he's done `all the right things') and is not always gracious in defeat....I could go on, but won't. So pleased I'm not alone in my views.
You don't realise the seriousness of sport, Geoff - that's your problem!
I've always had a problem with sport. It comes of being short sighted and having to play compulsory games at school. Nor was I any good at English, which I suppose is a contradicton in terms?
Foster Trecost
Anonymous's picture
He's certainly playing good this week, Rafa's hurt...Novak could be his biggest obstacle. We'll never have another final like 2008 - wow. For me, Federer will always be the best.
Haha! He's out! We are seriously considering naming our imminent baby Jo-Wilfreid to mark the occasion...
Foster Trecost
Anonymous's picture
Tsonga played some inspiring tennis today. I never wished him to miss a shot, but I wished Roger had made more of them. I think RF has been a great champion, great for the sport, great for sports in general, but no one can appeal to everyone. I'd rather pull for a player than against, but that's me.
I rather agree with Seashore and Alex re Fedex. I am really upset that Andy's out - but glad the winner is going to be Novak or Rafa. They come acroos as somewhat more gracious to their opponents compared to Fed, who I felt - didn't give Tsonga the credit he deserved. Rafa - in conrast - couldn't say enough nice things about our Scots lad!

Overthetop1

Topic locked