Poem published by Poetry24

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Poem published by Poetry24

My Poem 'Prisoner At Home' which was posted on here for a while, was published by Poetry24. If you want to see and read it you can do so here, http://networkedblogs.com/HzksF. I usually wake up to rejection emails so this was a great suprise.

Beeme xx

Well done Beeme-
Thank you Pia :)

k.

Great piece, Beeme. I particularly love this line - 'His organs as bright as flowers sprouting in his blood.'
Thank you very much The Walrus! Beeme xx

k.

Ha ha, thank you Verdana.

k.

Poetry! I too have had a poem published in Gold Dust Magazine issue 22 and in their anthology called Past, Present and Future. Today, I learned that the Guardian are going to print a piece I wrote for their Lifestyle feature which I sent in and they said they liked it but wanted more. I thought they would chuck it out because when I wrote it I was feeling under the weather with the flue. I will say when I know it is going in. Finally I won a short story competition that was not just UK wide but Europe and North America too and the first prize was they would print ten copies of my book which would be lovely if I had written one. They have agreed to print a collection of short stories and poems. That's me done so now you know why I haven't been on the site much. Over and out! Moya

Wow, that's great news Moya. Congratulations! Well done. I can understand how you've been so busy now :-) Beeme xx

k.

Hello Beeme, I hate what I have written here it sounds so boastful but having won something I wanted to tell someone. I just overdid it. And in any case, you are a proper poet whereas I just got lucky. Congratulations to you and more power to your pen. Moya

Not at all Moya, I was just as exited as you and would have done the same.As i did above lol Thats not true at all. You are a very talented poet and writer, definately the real deal. Don't feel bad about over doing it and well done once again, it really is great news. Beeme xx

k.

Thank you Beeme, you have made me feel better. I tried to leave a comment on your poem but it kept asking me for a profile but there wasn't one that was appropriate for me. I thought I had a Google account but it seems not. Moya Great poem though and draws the reader in straight away.