Exmouth Creative Writers and Friends, it's 4 weeks from now.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Exmouth Creative Writers and Friends, it's 4 weeks from now.

Saturday 24th May, 2-4pm, at the Kennaway Centre, Victoria Road, Exmouth. Part of the annual Exmouth Festival. We have a great selection of local people reading. Tony Cook, our recently retired editor is reading and possibly his friend Mal Peet, winner of the Carnegie Medal for young people's fiction. The 'and friends' includes Abc'ers who wish to take a turn at the mic. Think 7 minutes and be prepared to cut down to 5 if a lot of folks come forward at the last minute.

Exmouth Festival is fab! It starts Friday 23th May then continues through the Bank Holiday Weekend and finishes Friday 30th May. It is mainly about music, most of it rock, lots and lots of it free in the Manor Gardens near the town centre.

Further details can be found online at www.exmouthfestival.org.uk. Download this years programme. The creative writers event, organised by Trish Leake of the Exe Poets and myself is on page 8 under 'other.'

I'm looking forward to it. No word from Mal yet - I think he must be away - but I'll let you know as soon as I hear.

xx

Tony

Tony, good to hear from you and it will be even better to see you again!