Getting your book published via ABCtales

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Getting your book published via ABCtales

It is a month into the Unbound experience. My site went live on the 6th August just 4 months after the death of my mother and I did not know if I had the emotional strength to embark on what is, by any standards, a challenging process of asking people to pledge £10 for my book /  Shooting Star Children's Hospice. Mum knew I was going to try to get published and in her last few weeks I read her the book chapter by chapter.  She laughed as she always did, at the twists and turns of the story of a mermaid, the mountains of Milton Keynes, an 8 year old genius and a young boy trying to stay one step ahead of his father  - a 32 stone psychotic policeman who is determined to murder him. 

The generosity of those who have pledged so far has been overwhealming. I have already managed to raise over £500 for the Hospice and my book stands at 54% -  edging achingly ever closer to its target. Whenever I have flagged, Luke and Tony have been there to support me and encourage my efforts. If this works and this book does get to 100% then it will prove to Unbound that ABCtales is a source of unpublished work that they can rely upon because we are a supportive community of talented writers.I am sure that Tony and Luke will already be considering the next one of you to support along the road to being published but we need to prove that this works!!

Pledging takes about 2 minutes. Everyone who pledges £10 will receive a digital copy of the book with their name in it and I hope you will consider supporting me by clicking on  http://unbound.co.uk/books/ex

Thank you to all of you who have already pledged and for making this experience and this year a little bit less challenging.

Cheers

Laurie x

well done and good luck

And good luck to you Jack - it is a tough old road for all of us.

Cheers.

Laurie 

Yes, good luck to all three and I promise to pledge next month to Lavadis and the following month to Ewan.  Everything electrical in my house seems to be conspiring against me at the moment.  Hence the reason for the delay in pledging but I will. 

Moya

Moya,  that is so very kind of you - thank you.

Laurie xxx

Deserves to make it.