Re: Richard Bach

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Re: Richard Bach

Hi all

Has anyone else read the work of Richard Bach; (Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Bridge across forever, One, etc)?

I'm a confessed fan of his work, (got all the books). Pleased to discuss if anyone interested?

Vicky
Anonymous's picture
I read JLS when I was at school... a friend said it was fantastic but I never found it so. To be honest can't remember if I ever read anything else by this author..
Jamanton
Anonymous's picture
Thanks Vicky. I've read all of his books and found them very motivational and inspirational. I think like him, I think. lol I'd reccomend "One" and "Bridge across forever" as they are not as 'heavy' as JLS.
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
Hey Jamanton Always willing to give an author another go... i'll put your recoms on my christmas list ;)
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
JLS is a Zen masterpiece - if you are into Zen! Otherwise it appears like a childish piece of nonsense. It's amusing nonsense nonetheless. I must admit to a certain nostalgia for it. In my old hippie days it was required reading, along with Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, the Carlos Castenada tomes, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe, Winnie the Pooh, Kerouac's On the Road and Where the Wild Things Are. Who's skinning up?
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
Tries to imagine Tony as a hippy *giggles*
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Long hair and all, huge flares, clogs, tight little T shirt with blue stars on the front and battered blue velvet jacket. I was also under 7 stone. Those were the days.
Vicky
Anonymous's picture
yup thats how I imagined you.... well more or less... so did you march? 'Make love not war' and so on? Bet u did.
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
I enjoyed reading JLS about 5/6 years ago... as I did 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho'. Simple fables but read in the right frame of mind they can be multidimensional and inspirational. Recommend them, but you won't 'get it' if you are not ready for it.
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
Now these are my kind of books, which probably explains why I tend to wander in metaphysical directions in my own writing. Castenada, Tony. Pure genius. But Richard Bach is the king. His books are all so "readable", yet there are subtle messages in he metaphors between the lines. I am a huge fan of Bachs. However, Paulo Coelho is one of the greatest writers to come out of the last decade. I attended a reading by him in London one night and got him to autograph a copy for me. I've read "The Alchemist" three times. Has anyone read Mary Summer Rain? If not, you really should!
Topic locked