The Hox Cristmas Quiz

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Hox Cristmas Quiz

Merry Christmas all, and welcome to the fourth Hox Christmas quiz. As usual I have trawled the threads for the past year and retrieved 12 quotes. All you have to do is guess the authors. 1 Point for each correct answer, and if you recognise yourself, please don't say so, let the other buggers work for their points.

So, who said:

That taught me one thing for life: it's the pretty ones that hurt you the most.

I am becoming some sort of Ribena fuelled puritan.

I like gin and tonic through a straw

The intelligentsia threw me out for non-payment of dues

They could've been happy-clappy types, although they didn't look happy and they weren't clapping.

Purgatory - where repenting believers go - like those of us who liked Harry Potter but saw the light after 'The Prisoner of Azkaban'

I like pink, fluffy bed socks.

I was sooo hoping for a smacked bottom, preferably with a stick of celery.

As long as Beckham scores the winning goal it doesn't matter whether he sits in the circle and picks nose or chokes his chicken for the rest of the game.

If you say 'Cappucino, dahling' in Newcastle you'll wake up in a crowd. If you say 'Cappucino, dahling' in Brighton you get a cappucino and a gay lover.

I unashamedly count myself as a member of the Archergirl Fanclub.

Lesbean? is that a type of pulse?

They're all Mississippi. Happy Xmas, Hox.
If you say 'Cappucino, dahling' in Newcastle you'll wake up in a crowd. If you say 'Cappucino, dahling' in Brighton you get a cappucino and a gay lover. - Tony. Lesbean? is that a type of pulse? - Fish I am becoming some sort of Ribena fuelled puritan. - Jude? ~ www.fabulousmother.com
As far as I can remember, I'm only responsible for one of those quotes. '.... I unashamedly count myself as a member of the Archergirl Fanclub. ' And THAT ain't it!

'h' My Christmas gift to you, Eamonn.

Missi, you'd hate it if I were just another rubber doormat to trample all over. Let's face it, you can't help yourself: you love me. I know it. Just admit it.
Ah, you've spoiled my day now, Missi. I could just see you with a smacked bottom in pink, fluffly bedsocks and sucking a G & T through a straw. My imagination is a serious source of concern to me sometimes.
"I unashamedly count myself as a member of the Archergirl Fanclub." Liana or Archergirl?
Arsey, I can assure you that I'm totally indifferent to your chemical composition and the arrangement of your molecules. I also see that what you know is consistently inaccurate. For the benefit of Alan, I add that NONE of the quotes he alludes to are in any way connected to me.

I don't know who wrote those, but there's a lot of wisdom to be found in some of those statements. Hey, maybe we should set up a new religion.
2Lou has two out of three. The rest of you are just being silly.
the Beckham one was barely black francis the pink fluffy bedsocks has to be hox himself the archergirl fanclub is, I suspect, jack cade.
I thought better late than never "I was sooo hoping for a smacked bottom, preferably with a stick of celery." Archergirl. "I unashamedly count myself as a member of the Archergirl Fanclub." Pepsoid "I like pink, fluffy bed socks." 2Lou "If you say 'Cappucino, dahling' in Newcastle you'll wake up in a crowd. If you say 'Cappucino, dahling' in Brighton you get a cappucino and a gay lover." have to be Mark Brown "Lesbean? is that a type of pulse?" BBF maybe "They could've been happy-clappy types, although they didn't look happy and they weren't clapping." Maybe Maddan, it's a classic though. nobody
"They could've been happy-clappy types, although they didn't look happy and they weren't clapping." Maybe Maddan, it's a classic though. Don't remember saying it, although it does sound a bit like the sort of thing I'd say. I reckon it's a trick quiz, are they all Jude?

Tim is right, the Beckham one WAS me, the rest I don't know but the'Lesbean' one was very recent and I believe was Fishy.

I thought I said I liked drinking gin through a straw... but maybe that is because I am drinking gin through a straw right now. the happy clappy one I am sure was dan. the ribena one jude. The pretty ones was yan, I think. Or pepsoid.
i' wasn' me 'The intelligentsia threw me out for non-payment of dues' I'll go with Jude on this one. Only because it's religious There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed - Dennett

~It's a maze for rats to try, it's a race for rats to die.~

But it's not religious?

Tut tut. You really must pay more attention in 2007. The answers are: That taught me one thing for life: it's the pretty ones that hurt you the most. styxbroox 13.01.06 I am becoming some sort of Ribena fuelled puritan. Span 08.02.06 I like gin and tonic through a straw Fergal 08.02.06 The intelligensia threw me out for non-payment of dues Maddan 17.05.06 They could've been happy-clappy types, although they didn't look happy and they weren't clapping. Bobblehatwasmylovechild a.k.a David 22.05.06 Purgatory - where repenting believers go - like those of us who liked Harry Potter but saw the light after 'The Prisoner of Azkaban' PoetJude 10.04.06 I like pink, fluffy bed socks. Camus 28.04.06 I was sooo hoping for a smacked bottom, preferably with a stick of celery. Archergirl 07.03.06 As long as Beckham scores the winning goal it doesn't matter whether he sits in the circle and picks nose or chokes his chicken for the rest of the game. Missi 26.06.06 If you say 'Cappucino, dahling' in Newcastle you'll wake up in a crowd. If you say 'Cappucino, dahling' in Brighton you get a cappucino and a gay lover. Tony Cook 28.09.06 I unashamedly count myself as a member of the Archergirl Fanclub. Pepsoid 02.08.2006 lesbean? is that a type of pulse? Fish 09.12.06
I guessed one right. The Span Ribena one should've been me & I may thieve it. I think the intelligentsia one occurred on my da vinci code thread.

Quite right, Jude. Extra point, and a happy new year.
I never did get that smacked-with-a-celery-stick-bottom. Drat. Happy New Year, all!
I've got a spare length of barbed-wire I'd be happy to oblige you with, arsey.

I think my quotation should have been 'you wake up AS a crowd'. Thakyou hox for this seasonal fun.
Here's a couple for you Mr Hox in Sox who said, "I did a journalism course once and none of the bastards could spell" and who said " This thread is doing my head in. Might as well have a leedle party right now." jude "Cacoethes scribendi" http://www.judesworld.net

Topic locked