Comments left beneath poetry, etc.

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ich feel impelled to speak today in a language that in a sense is new-one which Ich, who have spent so much of my life in the writing trailer, would have preferred never to use. That new language is the language of literary anathemas. Ich have one yardstick by which Ich test every major problem-and that yardstick is: Is it good for the State of Literature?

Are you a communist, Crackersville? I might change my own name to 'Nutshell' Luigi - you are awesome, and so succint! J x

*gathers up sweets and coat from under seat* Is that it, do you think? Are the lights coming up? My favourite part by far was the comedy in the middle, you know, that surreal – Post/don’t reply... post/don't you reply... post/don't you reply... section. Must say, though, what a fantastic flounce at the end! All it needed was a Bette Davis/Jezebel style dress and some rousing music. Bravo. p.s. it did occur to me earlier, to step in to try and calm things down a little (as if), because the whole sorry matter appeared to stem from that age-old forum problem – we can’t see what expression you’re wearing when you type a post – but then I read the whole shebang and realised it would be absolutely pointless. So I hereby join the buffoons-who-will-never-amount-to-anything – their egos are far less defeaning – must be something to do with the lack of awards. ~ www.fabulousmother.co.uk
Ich think this is a personal question! More personal than do Ich like the fact there is enough oxygen in Meine honourable trailer and enough letters in Meine nearly six miles long workolio.

I don't normally say stuff like this, but I'm glad that Theresa is gone. She seemed admamant on stirring up as much controversy as possible and jumped on anyone DARING to contradict, disagree or criticise her, her work or her opinions. We have a word for those sort of people in this country. Politicians.
Unusually for a writer with a desperate desire to control what people can and can't say about their writing, I actually thought her poetry was quite good. It's a shame she doesn't have the confidence to either let it speak for itself or defend it.

I'm quite sorry she's left like that - particularly since it was the thing she was trying to impose on Jennifer and Skunk. I think lots of her writing is very good as well, a pity she couldn't just back down. I'm terrible at taking criticism sometimes too and occasionally I'm just in a really bad mood. With PMT I'm practically a loaded gun! I think most of the people on here have reacted badly to criticism at one time or another, but it helps if you're able to admit you've gone too far which she clearly wasn't going to, she was relentlessly 'right'. Still, as I said, I'm sorry she felt she couldn't just retract a bit and removed all her work.

I never intended her to remove any of her work, nor did I want her to leave. Some of her work is very good - it is just a shame that she cannot handle the opinion of my amateur self, or being mocked in any way. I think that all art is open to opinion and rational discussion - why she finds it so hard to debate her own work without resorting to personal insults is beyond me! Now I won't be able to stalk her...who is next, I wonder?! Dare I comment on anyone's work ever again...what do you think, abctalers?! J x

I don't think anyone intended it. I think the whole thing was beyond everyone.

Is it safe to come out now? I've been hiding under the bed!
Ich think it's always safer to stay where you are. Out -----> OUT Under ------> UNDER Over -------> AND OUT.

I would like to request that EVERYONE read all my work from the beginning and comment. Please tell me that I am the greatest writer on this site and that you would all gladly buy my work. Tell me also how lucky you are to have been alive at the time that I was writing. Please keep your negative comments to 'almost brilliant' (then I'll know that you think it's crap). I would like ONLY qualified stalkers: Qualification requirements; (1) Female (2) Young(ish) (3) Good looking(ish) (4) Brunette (dyed acceptable) (5) Some examinations passed (11+ acceptable) (6) Blondes or Red-heads - office hours only! Thank you!
Well, I qualify for all of that - I have been both a blonde and a redhead in the past but have temporarily settled for brunette! I am female, youngish, good lookingish (or so I am told), I have a few exams...hell, I might well start stalking you...cannot promise the faint damning with lots of praise as the minimum crit though... J x

Yippee [slipping on hair shirt with holly leaves sewn in] I always wanted my own stalker! Onward Ms. and don't spare the lashes! ;>0.
I think you might be confusing the terms 'stalker' and 'Mistress'....

hmmmm...ok, forget Mistress - the kids give me enough punishment as it is! ;)
So happy to be here in the vehemently effused capital city of poetry ;). Looking forward to being 'stalked' by the lovely Jennifer - could do with the free tuition. Pickup .... Jennifer .... pickup? x

Pages

Topic locked