Drug Free Zone

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
An email sent to me on the subject of giving up cannabis and a reply... if you find this sort of thing boring, don't bother to read... it is a drug discussion thread after all. Someone may find it useful. Yes it is quirky, but not your typical rebuttal on the dangers of long term drug use and thus deserves an airing. Email to me: I HAVE given it up for 6 months. That's the most depressing 6 months in 18 years. I think a lot of non-users criticism is of the sour grapes variety. I think those who criticise cannabis users are afraid of them and afraid of what would be revealed about themselves if they used it. Most of the pop music in the last 40 years was inspired and recorded under the influence of cannabis. Mind you, I would be willing to listen to anyone who couldexplain to me how I can be so happy and enjoy life without it. (NOTE: Email sent with a bright green background... the poor chap must be really suffering terribly) My reply: Look I am no expert, Just common sense tells me that for 18 odd years as you say you have been layering brain connections through the filter of cannabis... in that time, have you built robust mental strategies to cope with the ups and downs of everyday life? Building up a personality that recognises and acts on opportunities that arise out there?... err No... At least not as well as you could have without the smokescreen of your 'chillin' everyday delusional band-aids. So you expect that after a mere six months, you will unlearn the warped mindset that you have probably built up over a lifetime. My friend you have a longer slog than that, stick with it, set out to make up what you lost, and it may come quicker. It will be worth it in the end. You will end up wiser than you started of. What is the alternative? Another period of self-induced delusional stupidity which you will not be aware of and thus will not hurt? What a waste of the remainder of a life that could be creative if only you faced up to it bravely and with determination. The reason mind-altering drugs have the effect they do on our brains, is because they mimic the effect of the numerous chemicals found naturally and manufactured naturally within our brains... as we learn, experience life and mature, we mentally building up strategies (brain connections) so that (conciously and unconciously) we develop means of naturally controlling the production of these chemicals to stabilise our mood swings and to maximise our potential... it is called maturation. Now imagine, from a young age you start indulging heavily in drugs (and they are all different with differing effects)... by overloading one or the other of these chemicals and for prolonged periods... is it not common sense that you are interfering dangerously with the natural process of maturation... to the detriment of your later peace and state of mind? Cannabis benign and harmless? Try a google experiment. Do a search on 'cannabis and veruccas' now do a search on 'cannabis and psychosis' Compare the relative results and draw your on conclusions. Never mind bodily health, what could be more important than your mind? Try this link for further research info on 'long term cannabis use and mental health' and Good luck
S. Oporific
Anonymous's picture
Health experts this evening rushed out a health warning as to the devastating effects on the minds of people who read endless 1leg posts on abctales.com. Side effects were said to be - "acute and unpreventable yawning" " losing the will to live within minutes" "urges to smash pc screen in with hammer". Dr. Neverstop-Witteringon said at the hospital for sleep cures in Somerset - "We are presently in negotiation with 1leg Spider, in the hopes that he will join our staff permanently, and thus save millions on sleeping pills. The NHS should give this man a medal. He is a class A drug, have no doubt."
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
Are you on drugs Stuporific? I can always recognise a cry for help... Just send me an anonymous email.
S. Oporific
Anonymous's picture
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
there is a real drug problem in jail ... specifically the inmates have terrible insomnia and dont get enough sleeping pills ... will you come into the nick with me 1leg?
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
Psst... No ones looking, just click on this..
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
are you suggesting i am an alcoholic????
S. Oporific
Anonymous's picture
Ok. I'll look there if you have a bash at this site
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
Did'nt you try reading them some of your poems fish?
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
i am not an alcoholic ...
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
Huh? Link does not work. (drugs eh?!) crossed posts fish.... would I dare!
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
hic
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
and i would never agree that its ok for someone to think its fine to get a blow job whilst watching football ...
S. Oporific
Anonymous's picture
It shall remain thus: What the aged say They knoweth with pain… Youth will ponder over again. Thus it shall always remain. And the dead? The dead don't lie. Questions marked Permanently On their faces. By 1legspider. Anyone still awake?
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
i dont knoweth ...
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
Darts?
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
IS ANYONE STILL AWAKETH??????

Pages

Topic locked