Snow!

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Snow!

Is coming!

I hope.

Just thought I would share that, it is scheduled in for Saturday which is most excellent, being a not at work day.

Span

It is snowing right now! Yay! Joe
not here on the east coast it's not...children are devastated, they have been looking out of window expectantly all evening, hoping for a day off school! (hahahahah, lucky me.)
It has reached me here in Scarborough (North-East coast).
Little children spend the night praying for that carpet white so they may dream of a morning bright with day off school and snowball fight :O)
It's even cold on the South Coast - but no snow.
I really hate the winter and part of the problem is that there is never any snow, it's just, freezing, cold, miserable, dark and wet. Of course I remember those now oh so romantic vistas of snow blanketing everything, that wonderful suffocating silence, the crisp air, the virgin untouched drifts, snowmen and snowball fights. But that never happens, it's just cold and 'orrible! Brrrr! No, you can keep your once in ten years snow, I want sunshine and wine and beaches and cut off t-shirts and shorts and pencil skirts and sandals and brown-skinned girls smiling, I want the windows down and the doors open, I want to eat outside in the cool evening, and to go to work in the light and come back in glorious sunshine, I want baked fields, hose-pipe bans, making love outside, short-sleeves, the simple joy of sitting in the sun with a cold beer and a great book. Snow is nothing more than a passing hope, a magical night of wished for excitement, only to be replaced by morning slush and broken promises. You can keep your much vaunted snow - it's just not worth it.
Oh come on, snow is grand. From my big old window at work now I can see loads of students messing around and well it is not even properly snowing more sort of pissing rain really. I am a fan of anything that has the potential to bring out the child in boring grown ups (note I exclude myself from the grown up category, despite being 23) The cold is fun and bracing. I like it. A lot. I wish you all snow and that you love it. You will. Hannah
Fair play. I was just being a child beacuse it is easy for me to be so. I don't drive, I have central heating and some red earmuffs. I wish you not much snow, or as much as would make you happy and then a clear path over the wolds for your car. Hannah
I'm in Glasgow at the moment, there's been some light snow, and it is FREEZING! No kilts on show today, wimps.
I just got back from Chelmsford where it's snowing.... Actually it's snowing here too! I don't mind snow, or fog, or rain, or whatever nature throws at me. In fact, having spent time in parts of the world where they don't even have definable seasons, I love every aspect of british weather; long hot summer days to short cold winter ones, the whole box of whatever's in the box.

We're cold and snowless. And guess what, the boiler broke down tonight. :(
On the whole, prefer winter, because at least you can get out of the cold and warm up. Radiators, blankets, bodies etc. Not dead bodies. That'd be strange. In summer, if it's too hot, it's too hot. Ain't nothing you can do about it. Even air conditioning just ends up drying you out to minimal effect.
You should move to somewhere like Scarborough, Jon. It's perfect in Summer as the 'bracing air' stops it from getting too hot... the cliffs draw in cool air from the North Sea. Mind you it's bloody freezing in Winter which is why I'm off to Malta!
I miss the snow. I was brought up on top of the Pennines - and boy did we get some snow! Down in Brighton we rarely get it - and when we do it's normally just enough to get slushy and not enough to ski or toboggan on - so it's rubbish snow. But I do like this cold weather - I like it really hot too. It's just the boring in between bits I'm not so fond of. Call me an extremist and I'll go bananas.
Topic locked