Troll

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Troll

circulate, move around
cause to move round and round; "The child trolled her hoop"
sing the parts of (a round) in succession
(Scandanavian folklore) a supernatural creature (either a dwarf or a giant) that is supposed to live in caves or in the mountains
angle with a hook and line drawn through the water
sing loudly and without inhibition
round: a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time; "they enjoyed singing rounds"
a fisherman's lure that is used in trolling; "he used a spinner as his troll"
praise or celebrate in song; "All tongues shall troll you"
angling by drawing a baited line through the water
speak or recite rapidly or in a rolling voice

- all from google after a 'define:Troll' search.

The first definition on google's definition page - "a newsgroup post that is deliberately incorrect, intended to provoke readers; or a person who makes such a post" - is so limiting! Let's troll our hoops!

I actually thought I was reading a poem until I got to the part about googling...let's hoop our trolls! ;-)
All tongues shall troll you, girl!
At the poetry gig last night I heard people "speak or recite rapidly or in a rolling voice". Maybe the truest poets are them what troll.
AG:"I actually thought I was reading a poem until I got to the part about googling..." Me too! Is it that we are, like, psychic, though? (sorry, I'm in Catherine Tate mode...) ~PEPS~ Latest on The Art of Tea ( http://pepsoid.wordpress.com/ )... "The Art of Flânerie"

The All New Pepsoid the Second!

Topic locked