Glitch?

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
Glitch?

I put a poem up called Charred that only appears on the listing if I log in.  Is this a glitch? Ta.

Hi Parson, 

I can see you comment on the list and its page out of my account. 

Cheers

The 'centre' tab doesn't work (at least on my editing page). It's not an issue but I thought that I would mention it.  I'll try to centre this comment to see if it works here!  Uh-oh the option is not shown in this comment field.  Never mind.

I only noticed because I was doing some housekeeping and 'fancyfying' my stuff.  I wanted to 'bold' and to 'centre' chapter numbers.  The 'bold' option works but not the 'centre' option.

Sorry to be a pain.  I'll shut up now.

Good observation! I never have time to check if all these buttons are doing the right thing.. that's solved for now. Cheers! yes

Something else too.

When "tracking" the new comments remain in the chronological order in which the original comment was made and are not being refreshed to the top of the list on the tacking page.  This means that if a comment is made on a piece that has fallen off the bottom of the first page there is no way (other than trawling every page - which is out of the question) of knowing that it has been made.  This really compromises the track function.  It used to be that all new comments were raised to the top of the track list and could be seen at a glance.

Hi guys, 

Sorry, I didn't delete any comment at all.. I'll have a look to see what happenned. Second, if you are pasting content from another source it can break the text format. This is a third party editor, and I don't control its functionality very well. 

And the comments used to be like this (old first) on the old site, this is the standard Drupal functionality. I don't think this is a Glitch..

Did they?  Sorry!  I thought all new comments used to go to the top of the track list.  Just shows how one's memory plays tricks eh?

Hello dear Admin,

The comments from my last story seem to have disappeared.  They were there and then they were gone.  If it is possible I would like them back.  Thank you,

Moya

The post is there now but the comments have vanished from the post before. Or perhaps the commentators have reconsidered. One of them is me though.

Parson Thru

It just occurred to me; doesn't a post acquire a 'new' status if it receives a comment and therefore would find its way to the top of the chronological order in the track listing?

Hello!

The comment is a different entity(type of content). The fact of creating a new comment doesn't affect the story at all as the comment is only an attachment, not part of the story.  

And yes, Bear, there will be small glitches during the next weeks and my job is to fix them! But I can't do more than that. 

Thanks. 

Can you put a button on for me that will improve the quality of my stories please?

Hi admin.

I wanted to leave a comment on wolverain's poem.  Here's the link:

http://www.abctales.com/story/wolverain/darkness-poem-extended

I cannot type into the comments box on this poem.  

Further to this glitch I cannot extract text from stories belonging to other members and paste it into comments in order to provide a quote for feedback.

Both really important functions that at the moment are unavailable (to me at least).  

Cheers guys and gals!

Hi scratch, 

I can write on wolverain's poem comment, and paste text into it. Which error/problem do you get when trying to do so?

Sorry, I just went back to it when I read your response and now I can do both functions without a problem.  It didnt work this morning - honest.

8-D

Does the date and time clock need adjusting/resetting on some pages?

Isn't the date the same for every page? Users can have different time zones.. maybe that's the reason. 

I can't preview a new story today. It gets stuck in gobbledgook. Therefore I can't post a new story.
Rhiannon
(oh, and when writing a new story, where it says 'Collections' there is only an N/A button, though once a story has been posted (not today obviously!) all the collection buttons appear and I can edit the story to put it into a collection. Is that normal?

Again I can't insert a return for a new paragraph when writing in the comments box, niether can I cut and paste from a story into a comment box.  I'm hitting return right now and nothing is happening?

Hi scratch, 

I don't really know why you can't insert new paragraphs into the comment box. Which browser are you using?

And I can cut (Ctrl + X) and paste (Ctrl + V) any kind of text here:

"Curabitur non nulla sit amet nisl tempus convallis quis ac lectus. Nulla quis lorem ut libero malesuada feugiat. Vivamus magna justo, lacinia eget consectetur sed, convallis at tellus.

Praesent sapien massa, convallis a pellentesque nec, egestas non nisi."

The same browser that I have been using all along mate.  Nothing's changed at my end.

And now you can see that I can insert a paragraph and.... Let's see

"Curabitur non nulla sit amet nisl tempus convallis quis ac lectus. Nulla quis lorem ut libero malesuada feugiat. Vivamus magna justo, lacinia eget consectetur sed, convallis at tellus.

Praesent sapien massa, convallis a pellentesque nec, egestas non nisi."

yes - I can now successfully copy and paste text too.  The problem is intermittent.  It's like when you call a mechanic out to a car that won't start and then it miraculously starts for the mechanic on the first turn of the key.

I now haven't got a preview button at all. Is this being attended to, or should I send an email request, please?

Rhiannon

Hi Rhiannonw, this button will be disabled till I know how to fix the problem. Instead, use the "unpublished" option: untick the "published" option at the bottom of the page and save the story. Only you will see the story. Whenever you are ready to make it visible, edit and publish it.

I don't know if I am being stupid, but there doesn't seem to be a
'published/unpublished' button at the bottom of my create a story page.

Rhiannon

Is it not possible to get me an 'unpublished' option, or a  preview button? Is the published button there and I'm not looking in the right place? (I had had a fun thing on the IP for this week!)

Rhiannon

OK, I just saved/published, and went straight into 'edit' to see if my 'keep private/unpublish' button, or even the preview button was there then, but it didn't seem to be, but as usual, the collection names had appeared, rather than just saying: collections by a N/A button as when creating the story! Rh

Hi Rhiannonw, 

The publish and the preview aren't available right now, they would be back once I know they are not causing problems. 

Normally you should view your collections on the Edit page after saving the story. I'll have a look at that. 

Thank you. OK, I'll just 'save' and examine quickly, delete if anything wrong, for the time being!

The collections' names are on 'edit', just not on 'create a story' which I had thought they usually were.

Thanks, anyway. Rhiannon