Spam

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spam

There seems to be a lot of spam links in the "Who's New" part of the web page. People advertising companies etc. The name below is one (there are others). Perhaps Admin should be keeping a better eye on this part of ABC?

Joyamak

regards

pikeruk (Terry)

There's an automatic filter (Mollom) on the registration form plus a
manual control by the editors, who decide which user should be
active/blocked. We can't do more about I think..

There are lots of other writing websites that you can use instead of this one smokestack.  If you're uncomfortable here all you have to do is leave.

You are completely wrong smokestack.. The site is not sending any information to Mollom on the registration form. There's only a CAPTCHA (which is a link to Mollom), an image validation to prevent spam and machine registrations. 

But Mollom is filtering the comments and the contact form, looking for "profanity" and SPAM, only for new users. And there is always a link to the Mollom privacy policy in these cases:

By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.

Try to be sure of what you are talking about next time, there's anything illegal here. 

smokestack:

I refer you to my previous comment.

I didn't intend for this topic to be a place for ego's to fight things out.

Here is a new member with just a link to a blog not on ABC, is this what this site wants? I also am having problems sorting out the formatting of these messages.

Mya

regards

pikeruk (Terry)

pikeruk - about Mya. The link is to her poetry blog which I assume is her own site. Many ABC users have such a link to their own site and it's absolutely fine to put it on their profile as she has.

Regarding the fact that she hasn't posted anything yet: she might be finding her way around first - no? Real spammers are dealt with asap, but I don't think she is one.