York

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
York

I take it York is not going to happen?

Moya

This has been on my mind Moya.  If there is sufficient interest perhaps early December (as long as it doesn't clash with the London reading) might still be feasible.  

Can anyone who can and will attend a York reading in early December please express your intention in this thread.  If there is sufficient interest I will organise it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks Moya!

PS expect a personal message from me later Moya.enlightened

Waiting with bated breath.

Peter, please don't make it 2nd December to Friday 6th as I am away.  I can do from Saturday 7th onwards. Sorry to be a nuisance.

Moya

Count me in!

yesOk Harps' if you're sure that you're intending to turn up I'll have to sort a different venue out. Let me know one way or the other mate.

No Scratch, spoken to Greck about it, he's fine shuffling up a flight of stairs on his bum. Wouldn't dream of having the venue changed.  The staff 'could' be funny about fire regs but we get round that for the fact that  I can take responsibility for getting him up and down the stairs. They wouldn't refuse somebody with a hip replacement or a prosthetic and Greck has some mobility. It's all good, count us in as deffos, please and we're looking forward to it. Going to get a hotel and make a night of it.  I'll see if Peej wants to come again, too. 

Moya, see you there, Girl. Be great to have a catch up. xxx

Sure will, Sooz!

Moya

And Lisa, it'll be great to see you, too. 

Sooz, I was going to hotel it as well. How do you feel about staying at the same place? Well, that is if you don't pick a super expensive place! I don't mind driving to/from the venue and won't be drinking.

Sounds great to me, yes more than up for that .. but let's just jump a taxi to and from the hotel (cheapest gaff poss)  and then we can all have a drink if we feel like it, but I was a good girl on orange juice last time.  Thanks Lisa, that'd be great maybe a few more will join us.

So if anybody else is doing stay-over let's coordinate and all get in the same place. 

If it's on a date I can do then I'd be up for it. It's easy enough for me to get to if I'm up north at the time. Fridays or Saturdays suit me best.

It's all good.  Anyone else?

You know I'm up for it but would need to know date before I can definitely say.

Would be great to see Sooz with her fella and  Peej again.  It would also be nice to meet Lisa H and, of course,  to see you again Peter. 

But where have all the Northerners gone?  Long time si...igh...ted.  Come on we need more than us few diehards.  Get yourselves to York and you will be amazed at how enjoyable these nights are.

Moya

Ralph?  

Come on, bring a few copies of that brill book along - sell 'em 'n sign 'em matey, I don't mind buying another if it's got a personal touch.

Come on you lot; someone's prepared to climb the stairs on their arse! the least the the rest of you can do is show some willing.  

Tic toc...

I'd try very hard to come to York in December. Would love to meet the people coming. If Mike's not working, I will travel up with him and stay in the same hotel as Sooz and Lisa.

Nice one Vera.

Anyone else?

Mr Cook, are you available for MC duties?

No problem Moya.  We can accomodate you.  

Does anyone know the date of the London reading?  I've had a look in the forums archive but can't seem to find it.

Vera that' would be fantastic. 

Wish I could do Londond again, it's been a long time but that really is a no chance. 

The London get-together is on the eleventh - if it doesn't overlap I'll do my best to come up North! 

How does Saturday the 30th of November sound to everyone? Would that be ok with you Moya or is it too close to the 2nd of December for you?  Hosting it after the London reading puts it too close to Christmas.  

Hello Peter,

No it isn't too close.  I  could manage that, however, my daughter has got me down for standby babysitting  duties on the 30th November and as she goes out so infrequently I can't let her down.  I phoned her this evening to see if she could find someone else but the only other person is my other daughter and I will be seeing them both tomorrow at our annual family party and hopefuly she will be able to do it.  If not, then you must go ahead without me if everyone else can do that date as it will not be fair to muck everyone else about.

Boo Hoo!

Moya

Ok Moya.  See if daughter #two can take up the slack and let me know.  

Date ok here.

I oould do  Friday the 29th!.

If I can get the venue for Friday 29th November does that suit others?  

Could do Fri too.

Anyone else?

Forget it.  Keep to th e 30th, Peteri if  it suits everyone else.

Moya

Ok everyone.   

Which is it to be the Friday 29th or Saturday 30th of November?  I still need to book the venue.  Please let me know as soon as you read this comment.

Cheers guys.

Either date is good for me, but the 30th would be slightly better.

Lisa

Either.

where is it on at? any chance of the postcode please?

If I can book the pub for the 29th I will.  Failing that I will book for the 30th.  I will advice when I have the booking done guys.

I would love to join you guys... perhaps if I start walking tomorrow then I could arrive in time for next years readings?

Hmmm.. I wonder.... [thoughts of Dick Whittington's soggy sandwiches]  indecision

Can all contributors to this thread please visit this link and make a response please:

http://www.abctales.com/forum/thu-2013-11-07-1717/york